• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Turkey Season 2012

Nice.

My buddy saw 11 tonight, they all are roosting in trees above his blind. We rarely see turkeys there so neither of us have a tag this year. Looks like a trip to WM is in order. :D

I got my tags. Goin out inthe morning. Sunrise is almost 7am! Ill be up at 5:30 gettin dressed to kill. ;)

I went out for 3 days with no luck; not a single turkey in any of the typical spots we see them. I may try and get out one more time before the season ends but will see.

I ran out and bought a leftover license on Sat and proceeded to see nothing from that point on. I could hear a few flying up to roost but that was it. The fall season here runs til Nov 14 so I have a few more ops to get one.

Itsricmo said:
I wonder what that would do out of a turkey choke :O

Hornady doesn't recommend the XX Full for this ammo because the wad gets deformed and may not operate the way it was designed when shot out of the more restricted barrels. It's the ammo I use. But then, I'm a huge Hornady Fan. I have hit accuratly out to 300 yards with their 30-30 Lever Revolution ammo, love their SST Sabot for the 930 and just think all around that they are one of the best ammo manufacturers period. FWIW.

Paul

Well thanks for clearing that up, Paul! Would have been a huge waste of ammo on my part haha I would agree that Hornady is no doubt one of the best ammunition manufacturers out there. I prefer Federal for my everyday occasions that require a firearm. I really don't like Winchester or Remington but hats simply because both brands shoot horribly out of my few guns and are both dirty shooters IMHO.

Anyhow, I'm going to try some SST slugs out of 8" rifled choke hopefully soon. I'll have to let you know how that goes! As for turkey shells I'm still exploring my options

The fall season starts here in PA on Saturday, I'll be up in potter county this weekend where I hunted turkey this spring. I'll be out with my .22 hunting black squirrels but who's to say a nice turkey won't come into range. I'll have calls on me and see if I can get em talking to me.

Good luck! I am thinking about going out for a little bit. I just got my barrel back and have a Turkey Full that needs tried out :)

EDIT: Fixed my horrible grammar :)

I've only seen one turkey since i picked up a license and I've been out every weekend. The one I saw was moving through and didn't stop anywhere long enough for a shot.

Itsricmo said:
lol I almost destroyed an entire group of the little buggers with a coal train the other night :)

OK, I just have to ask, how would you destroy a whole group with a coltrane?

Roscoe-P_-Coltrane.jpg

:lol:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist

And to get back on subject

trailcam101912016.jpg

trailcam101912020.jpg

You're welcome buddy.

Anytime.

LOL

CzZa5.gif

kyug yug yug...Come on Flash, let's get you out of here.

I think every one else did too LES.

I remember in about the 3rd or 4th grade, I had a rebel flag cake during my cub scout meeting for my Birthday because it was on the roof of the general lee.

Times sure are different now, I'd probably be kicked out of cub scouts (or school) if I tried that today.

Not too surprisingly, the city of Hazard is just the next county over. :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazard,_Kentucky

Boy, I guess I really hijacked the crap out of this thread LOL :lol:

Yup,

I swear I had the same cake! Nowadays folks have a way of aligning socio-political undertones to everything and something as symbolic as the Rebel flag is an easy target...

Back