• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

U.S. Zombie fleet

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yep, you read it correctly, and it's one of the first ideas that I have seen in a long time that actually makes sense from a statistical viewpoint.

The US is going to retrofit its' fleet of F16 jets and turn them into armed drones. I can actually see a lot of benefits to this actually.

I thought some of you would enjoy watching this:

This is a big deal, because while both aircraft can execute hard turns, the robot vehicle can do it over and over without over stressing the pilot.

When you remove the ejection seats, etc, you save a lot of weight from the air frame, and suddenly it will turn much faster without ripping the rivets loose. In theory, a robot F16 could usually get behind any MIG. Fake him into a 9G turn that turns into a 12 G turn for a drone and bang!

You either shoot him down or he either blacks out or rips his wings off, trying to keep up.

I think you’re gonna see this as a part of Space Force as well, because air-to-space drones also don’t have to lift the weight of a human. They don’t have to eat breathe or take a dump either.

It’s a lot easier to stock them mothballed on an orbiting platform, than human operated equipment.

With the fire and forget missiles these days, I doubt many adversaries would attempt to go head to head in a dog fight with anyone else unless they just absolutely had no other alternative.

But, I have thought about maneuvering. Drones do have superiority there for sure. Not just in turns but dives and climbs as well.

With how effective, even small remote control drones have proven to be in Ukraine, and the middle east (*we've been using small ones for years), I think you're going to see a lot more of that.

They don't need sleep. They are going to be loyal and never question your orders, regardless of how wrong they may be.

Yeah, Terminator and skynet is a reality.

Don't even get me started on the stuff Boston Dynamics is doing. And their chinese knock offs.

There is still this human factor of resilience, in that we can see, feel, do things and learn things, in an emergency, that robots simply cannot manage.

The other thing about drones is that you can have a remote pilot and a number of remote technicians for the different systems. Imagine, now you can link a large and dispersed crew of humans, Plus their computers, onto something the size of a very small jet?

I’m sure the military are working on the drone orbital drone carrier, and have been for a long time. They were planning to put lasers up there in the 80’s.

They can still be controlled by pilots that know what they're doing. By remote and satellite comms. Giving them invincibility and nothing to lose. That would make for one dangerous aircraft to a breathing adversary that has a lot more to lose during the encounter.

I'm not referring to AI.

So far I think human visual analysis is far superior to anything that they have created through artificial intelligence.

I saw a demonstration recently where artificial intelligence was not able to recognize an individual it knew, because of a certain kind of camouflage shirt.

The shirt itself did not obscure the face of the wearer, but the pattern on it created a situation that the AI could not resolve into any decipherable optical pattern.

I think you’re going to see some very sophisticated blocking strategies.

I think you’re going to see some very sophisticated blocking strategies.

Many in our state have been relying more on facial recognition stuff.

You should see the picture on my drivers license LOL

I intentionally squinted my eye every time the guy at the dmv was taking my picture, after the 3rd time, the dude said "forget it" and printed it anyway. LOL

My drivers license picture looks like a fat popeye the sailor man.

And I did it just because of all of that facial recognition stuff.

It’s a lot easier to stock them mothballed on an orbiting platform, than human operated equipment.
Cadd...that sounds super cool, but I'm not an engineer can you explain it to me? I don't understand how that would work. Would they be taken up in pieces and re-assembled with proper heat shielding to survive re-entry? Sounds like a lot of extra costs, weight and complexity.

Back