• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

UAG Red Dot Sight

Looks very much like a TRUGLO, erm, spinoff - like exact. Could be that both companies buy from the same source and put a brand on it. I use a reflex sight on my 930 with good results BUT a shotgun is hard on sights. The first TRUGLO I mounted lost the glass in the first shooting session. It's advertised (as is this one) for HD use including shotguns. Truglo replaced the unit and turn time was reasonable. For warranty work you will have to deal with the company not the seller or Amazon. For that price it may be worth a try but will it be worth repairing or replacing? - I'd check on the company's policies and procedures for that. I'm not familiar the brand. Similar name brand units can be purchased at Walmart or the big box sporting goods stores.

I picked up one of those to try. Don't know what brand because it wasn't marked anywhere on the box or sight.

It doesn't feel cheap at all. The 4 reticles are all usable but will distort a little at brighter settings. At times, changing the reticle will make you lose zero but it doesn't do it everytime. On a .22 it works good. Tried it on an AR and it was fine. With a shotgun the dot usually starts to drift left after a few rounds but (again) it doesn't happen every time. The last 2 times I've used it on a shotgun it's held zero. I think it just likes messing with me.

If it's going to be on a plinker it'll probably be OK. If it's going to be on something that will see a lot of use or for HD I think I'd look at something else.

Back