• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Uh oh for the MMR

I never really liked the BCM charging handle, but looking at the patent, it appears the BCM shares several similarities to the ones that Colt, Olympic Arms, DPMS, Remington, Bushmaster, Sig Sauer, FN, and numerous others use.

Just saying.

The main difference between them and anyone elses' is the catch/release.

John A. said:
I never really liked the BCM charging handle, but looking at the patent, it appears the BCM shares several similarities to the ones that Colt, Olympic Arms, DPMS, Remington, Bushmaster, Sig Sauer, FN, and numerous others use.

Just saying.

The main difference between them and anyone elses' is the catch/release.
Which is the whole point of the CH. I did one of the first reviews on them. There were NO others that had the latch like the BCM.

ETA:
Here are some compro pics of the first two versions of the BCM unit released along with some GI handles and a PRI big weenie.
There's more than just a latch difference.

chfan.jpg

gipri34bottom.jpg

gipri34stackedrearslot.jpg

gipri34stackedfront.jpg

stackedrear.jpg

I honestly don't think BCM will prevail. As there are just to many of these supposedly better mouse trap charging handles out there and the differences are way to nuanced. If it were that easy BCM would already be paying civil damages to PRI and Badger.

On a side note I've seen a lot of upper receivers ruined by these fancy charging handles, because they prematurely wear the locking notch in the receiver.

Back