• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

War on coal casualties

Instead of editing my prior post, I have to admit that I don't know if I can really blame Bill.

Even if he lied about it too.

VarveG20160511A_low.jpg

I found this gem in an article discussing the changes coming since Trump won:

Republicans also say the tide has turned in what they call Obama's war on coal. McConnell noted Wednesday that many of the new regulations affecting the coal industry were passed unilaterally by the Obama administration and can be unraveled by Trump without congressional action.

We have a huge need for scientific research into new and better ways to use coal.

This is a huge natural resource, that these foolish people want to ignore, because traditional coal use was dirty, and they can't see a cleaner future through science. Coal is to us what oil is to the saudis.

Hillary Clinton would have us cutting our own throats on coal, while she supports the corrupt oil sheiks.

I guess pollution is much nicer when people are paying you under the table to support their form of it.

Within 1 hour of being sworn in as President of the United States, Donald Trump has had staff remove Obama's Climate Action Plan from the whitehouse.gov website and replaced the page with this.

God bless you Donald Trump.

----------------------------------------

https://www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy

Energy is an essential part of American life and a staple of the world economy. The Trump Administration is committed to energy policies that lower costs for hardworking Americans and maximize the use of American resources, freeing us from dependence on foreign oil.

For too long, we’ve been held back by burdensome regulations on our energy industry. President Trump is committed to eliminating harmful and unnecessary policies such as the Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the U.S. rule. Lifting these restrictions will greatly help American workers, increasing wages by more than $30 billion over the next 7 years.

Sound energy policy begins with the recognition that we have vast untapped domestic energy reserves right here in America. The Trump Administration will embrace the shale oil and gas revolution to bring jobs and prosperity to millions of Americans. We must take advantage of the estimated $50 trillion in untapped shale, oil, and natural gas reserves, especially those on federal lands that the American people own. We will use the revenues from energy production to rebuild our roads, schools, bridges and public infrastructure. Less expensive energy will be a big boost to American agriculture, as well.

The Trump Administration is also committed to clean coal technology, and to reviving America’s coal industry, which has been hurting for too long.
In addition to being good for our economy, boosting domestic energy production is in America’s national security interest. President Trump is committed to achieving energy independence from the OPEC cartel and any nations hostile to our interests. At the same time, we will work with our Gulf allies to develop a positive energy relationship as part of our anti-terrorism strategy.

Lastly, our need for energy must go hand-in-hand with responsible stewardship of the environment. Protecting clean air and clean water, conserving our natural habitats, and preserving our natural reserves and resources will remain a high priority. President Trump will refocus the EPA on its essential mission of protecting our air and water.

A brighter future depends on energy policies that stimulate our economy, ensure our security, and protect our health. Under the Trump Administration’s energy policies, that future can become a reality.

I wanted to share this. And I hope you are paying attention.

Here's the link:
https://srsroccoreport.com/the-fall...e-2-u-s-nuclear-reactors-construction-halted/

Here are some snippets that I wanted to quote and share from the link above:

FALLING EROI – Energy Returned On Investment.
As a refresher for newer readers, the falling EROI means that it’s taking more and more energy inputs to produce less and less net energy for the market. For example, in 1970 the U.S. EROI of its oil and gas industry was 30/1. Thus, the burning of one oil barrel worth of energy produced 30 oil barrels to the market. Today, shale oil production comes in at a whopping 5/1 EROI, six times less that the profitable energy in 1970.

The Falling EROI Is Killing The Nuclear Energy Industry

those who have been following my analysis on energy, understand that the falling EROI of oil and natural gas are gutting the entire global economy. Even though nuclear power generation doesn’t come from burning oil and natural gas, the construction of the reactors most certainly consumes a massive amount of fossil fuels. Actually, it takes a great deal of the burning of coal, natural gas and oil to produce nuclear, solar and wind power plants.
This was especially true for the construction of Westinghouse’s two nuclear power plant projects, the Vogtle Plant in George and the V.C. Summer plant in South Carolina.
Two Nuclear Power Plant Projects That Bankrupted Westinghouse

The nuclear industry has essentially priced itself out of the market for new power plants, at least in market-based economies. Even the nuclear-friendly French — who get more than three fourths their power from nukes — can’t build an affordable, on-schedule next generation nuclear plant in their own country.

Four global nuclear industry giants ‒ French utilities Électricité de France (EDF) and Areva, US-based Westinghouse and Japanese conglomerate Toshiba ‒ face crippling debts and possible bankruptcy because of their investments in nuclear power.
The French government is selling assets so it can prop up its heavily indebted nuclear utilities. EDF plans to sell $13.8 billion of assets to rein in its $51.8 billion debt, and to sack up to 7,000 staff. Areva has accumulated losses of over $14 billion over the past five years.
French EPR reactors under construction in France and Finland are three times over budget ‒ the combined cost overruns for the two reactors amount to about $17.5 billion. Bloomberg noted in April 2015 that Areva’s EPR export ambitions are “in tatters“, and now Areva itself is in tatters.

The four big industrial giants, powerhouses of our high-tech energy future, are now mere shadows of their former selves. There is no pulling out of this BLACK HOLE. Oh no… nuclear power is dead for good, even though it will limp along for a while. Furthermore, I have read analysis that more than half of the nuclear power plants in the United States are not profitable

When they started building nuclear power plants they said that electricity would become too cheap to meter.

Just the opposite now is true: it's so expensive that they must be government-subsidized.

But of course, because of atomic weapons, the whole industry and academic arm gets a subsidy.

We have an East-West railroad line come thru the area I work dozens of times a day. I LOVE seeing lots of fully loaded coal cars on those trains. It's been that way for the past several months. Mile long train, nothing but coal being moved by rail.

Back