• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

War on coal casualties

The Chinese will do that for us by detonating a dozen small nukes high above the US, creating massive NEMPs. :eek: Then they will sit back for a month or so before they enter while the cities eat their own for lack of food and energy... ;) Prepared survivors may be able to last for several months but then what... :rolleyes:
Like "One Second after". It's a great listen on UTube. Hours and hours long but it made me realize I'm not prepared enough but we will see. Not sure if it is even possible ?? But I'll try.

Ronald Reagan’s strategic defense initiative would’ve put the fear of God into them all . . . that was the icing on the cake of our anti-ballistic missile system.

People were crazy thinking that we were going to put nukes and giant lasers in space. None of that would’ve been necessary. A missile is a very easy thing to destroy, if you can hit it.

If they’re throwing up and you’re throwing down, you have a distinct advantage in every respect. Except that hitting it part. That’s the tough thing.

I think they would’ve settled on a shotgun approach of tiny swarming missiles that could generally not hit a target but collectively get close enough to destroy one through proximity. When gravity is on your side you don’t need much charge to get a huge velocity. But we never did any of that orbital war stuff.

I don’t think any of that crap with blowing up nukes over America will ever happen. The reason it will never happen is the they have some awful mismanagement issues, worse than we do.

The 6 people in charge think everything is great, but the people actually pulling the levers and switches know that half of it is garbage and won’t work.

Remember the last time you bought a Chinese made power tool? Do you think the people building that stuff don’t know it’s junk?

Now, I’m not telling you guys that you shouldn’t bother to prepare for the worst. Just understand that war with China is not even close to the worst possible.

IMO it’s far more likely that we accidentally detonate something on our own soil.

I’m thinking more likely that we will suffer from natural and man-made disasters that are not an artifact of direct war.

But the thing I know for certain is that we are going to suffer more economic warfare and we see the evidence of that every day.

Space is now crowded by a lot of countries who could just as easily ram your strategic satellite with their "science" satellites.

Space is now crowded by a lot of countries who could just as easily ram your strategic satellite with their "science" satellites.

“Crowded” is one of those terms that the media throws around like they understand concepts of space and time.

Sure there are a lot of individual items up there, but on the average they are tiny and quite far apart, though they often have the same orbital space.

I remember the threat of Russian killer satellites that they proposed back in the 60s.

The thing is, Once you come up above the earth, there’s no cover or concealment in outer space. Things move fast, but they can see you coming a loooong ways away.

OK, I forgot about the part in Star Wars when they hide a giant spaceship behind the moon.
:idk:
I would say it is more possible to have electronic camouflage on a spacecraft.

Like "One Second after". It's a great listen on UTube. Hours and hours long but it made me realize I'm not prepared enough but we will see. Not sure if it is even possible ?? But I'll try.

I read that book a couple of weeks ago. Very thought provoking. I have the next two , "one year after" and "the final day", waiting. I will finish my current read today. Tomorrow I hope to start the "one year after".

I read that book a couple of weeks ago. Very thought provoking. I have the next two , "one year after" and "the final day", waiting. I will finish my current read today. Tomorrow I hope to start the "one year after".
I have listened to all 3 and loved them. One more for ya "Surviving the fall" a real nail bitter. Lots of ups and downs.

Back