• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Water filters and

The doultan candle that I have starts pretty slow to be honest. Water will seep through it primed or not but it is a bit slow at first.

But after running it overnight, isn't as bad.

If the aquacrest is as good as the berkey's ratings, and is cheaper, that's good.

I know this is off topic, but there is a stream that comes up often near our graveyard after a heavy rain or two.

When I was growing up, we would regularly get a drink from it if it was running while we were working in the garden.

Anyway, I used the zero water filter meter thing just to see how many parts per million (ppm) contaminents were in it while it was flowing full stream.

I was amazed.

The little meter thing read 004.

For giggles, I checked a commercial bottled water.

It was 012.

My uncles well water was 028.

My city water read 120 something. :doh:

That's good info. I won't waste the $40 bucks on a stupid hand pump.

We used to do that as kids too. There were even logging camps a long way upstream from our cabin...I drank from that small river (very small) every summer growing up...nary a gut twinge...ever.

In a fast flowing creek or river there is so much silt, sand and rocks the water gets a good filtering. Nature does it best.

Back