• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Yes Sir.

It's small enough to stay out of the way and not add much weight at all. On this pistol it's one of those better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it situations...
Know any mounts that will do the .65" barrel range .

I've looked through the standard channels and all the manufacturers I know of. Smallest spec I see is .70 on the Elzetta ZORM or ZROC mounts at $70-$80. The barrel on my TFL2 shows .71 on the digital caliper and there's maybe a turn or two left on the Magpul mount screws. You may have to end up making a shim or sleeve of some sort if you go with a smaller light...

Thanks so much for looking, bout what I was thinking....I actually had a Stylus Pro on my pistol the pocket clip holds real tight on the venting by the gas tube , almost panicked because it held too good .
I only want something like that, ......pistol range

Now I want that tlr-1 hp for my real AR.....

No worries. I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I run across anything.

...just ordered the Streamlight Protac 1L anyway, along with a Protac HL...

The Streamlight Protac 1L and HL arrived today. Here's the Protac 1L mounted on the pistol...

...and the Protac HL on the carbine...

Yes Sir.

It's smaller than the iTac I had on there before, but it's brighter and has a larger barrel at .77" so it'll fit a wider variety of mounts...

IMG_20150725_185129.jpg IMG_20150725_184902.jpg I put a Protech LG220 W/ mount from Ace Hardware today on my 88, with a discount card cost me under $20,(reg. price is around $30), took me 5 minutes to install... Low, med & high with a max of 220 Lumens, 4x zoom & strobe setting... Not fancy but looks nice& rugged, & talking to a clerk that has one mounted on his 500 , it stands up well under recoil,sooo we shall see ....

Last edited:
I hope it's a good choice for a light on your gun. You'll know after a couple hundred rounds with it mounted.

Hello, Heres my latest addition too my Moss.600AB. I searched for weeks for a light and mount and didn't find anything to meet my expectations so I made my own. The light is a Streamlight Polytac Tactical with 275 lumens high, 275 tactical strobe and 14 lumens low.'(Light has the C4 technology brain, programmable so the user chooses the light configuration and is lifetime warranted). I got a 5 slot Magpul picatinny rail and a set of Blackhawk tactical 1" rail mounted scope mount kit. I took the Standard Mossberg synthetic forearm and once pulled off the action slide assembly you will notice the forearm has channels running through the inside of the forearm. The 1 perfect for most people is 10 o clock which is where I put mine. Once I had the holes drilled I took a 34mm axle nut socket with 1 rap of emery cloth around it(the Moss. syntactic forearm is 34mm around, I sanded until I got the perfect circle contour of the forearm and the started working one end of the rail to get the drop off of the end of the forearm, fits so flush to the curve and drop off you couldn't slide a piece of paper under it. The rail is mounted with a nut between the forearm and action tube not just screwed into the forearm. I the mounted the Streamlight in the ring for the scope to fit in perfect fit and then mounted the scope to the picatinny rail. Maybe someone will like this setup and use it. Heres a few pics.

IMG_20150926_072355-1.jpg

IMG_20150926_072418-1.jpg

IMG_20150926_072518-1.jpg

IMG_20150926_072510-1.jpg

Back