• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Webbing for a sling?

I've been playing with building my own sling for my 500 and another shotty as well. Got my design idea worked out, got the swivels and mash hooks and the quick release snaps for what I need. The one item that is oddly harder to locate than I expected is the webbing I want to use. I'd like to use 1 1/4" Nylon. I've been to about every sports and gun supplier, camping stores, fabric stores and such in my area with no luck. Nobody carries anything other than cotton weave webbing 1" or less.

So where is the goto place for bulk material such as I desire?

Thanks

Mike

strapworks.com

I personally like a 2" sling, but if you're limited to 1.25" because of your sling tabs on the gun, then you can easily use a step down reducer from 2" down to a 1" on the ends.

Plus, strapworks stocks all kinds of colors and even some custom prints/patterns

Yep the wider is better in my mind to. The sling adapter plate on the Talon stock at the receiver is the limiting factor for the width. The idea of a step down is a good one. Hadn't crossed my mine on that yet. The mockup I made out of 1" is not something I'd be wanting to be wearing for any amount of time.

I'll get it figured out.

Thanks

Itsricmo said:
Shop to your hearts content! :D

http://www.strapworks.com/default.asp

EDIT... John beat me too it

Oh hell yeah! This looks like more fun that McMaster-Carr!! I had to open an account with them!

Me thinks I'll be finding what I want, need, desire and long for there!

Thanks guys.

I've been a member on a touring motorcycle site that is pretty focused on one particular model since 2006. I've gotten used to to asking about a special, outdated, no longer made or don't exist part and getting a stack of replies to my question. Your organization is doing a great job of taking care of my other hobbie. Who need Google with a crowd like this?

Going to stick around here. I'm enjoying this crowd.

Thanks again

Mike

Back