• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Welcome to Survival

Mudinyeri

20g
"Philanthropist"
Welcome to the Survival sub-forum. This is the place to discuss anything and everything related to survival. We'll entertain plans and preparations for pretty much any type of SHTF scenario here. Zombie apocalypse? Sure. Nuclear winter? Why not. Global economic crisis resulting in the collapse of government and rule of law? We're not that far away so go ahead.

I'll kick things off with a few posts over the next few days but feel free to add your own content if you have it. Here are a few topical categories to get the creative juices flowing:

Animal Husbandry
Bugging In
Bugging Out
Bug-out Locations
Bug-out Vehicles
Bushcraft
Communications
Crops & Gardens
Defensive Strategies & Tactics
Heating & Cooling Off the Grid
Homesteading
Economic Considerations
Food Aquisition, Prep & Storage
Fuel & Power
Lighting Off the Grid
Reference Materials
Sanitation
Shelter, Permanent & Temporary
Tools & Supplies
Water Purification & Storage
Weapons Selection

As the Boy Scouts say ... "Be prepared".

I have been putting together plans for HD, disaster where we stay at home such as a major blizzard, and forced relocation.
One of the basic needs is fire. It provides warmth, a way to purify water, and food preparation.
How many different proven methods of starting a fire can we come up with?
I saw an interesting method on Dual Survival where they used a 9 volt battery and steel wool. The steel wool completes a circuit and burns as it goes. Very dependable way of starting a fire, that is until the battery goes dead.
Any others?

tcecil88 said:
I have been putting together plans for HD, disaster where we stay at home such as a major blizzard, and forced relocation.
One of the basic needs is fire. It provides warmth, a way to purify water, and food preparation.
How many different proven methods of starting a fire can we come up with?
I saw an interesting method on Dual Survival where they used a 9 volt battery and steel wool. The steel wool completes a circuit and burns as it goes. Very dependable way of starting a fire, that is until the battery goes dead.
Any others?

Go ahead and start a Fire! thread.

Bug Out Vehicle of choice...
yhst-59523690850641_2185_6765203

we run a couple for fire at work....hope you have an oil well to support that 6x, those things burn some petro products. We do love them though, big pto winches on the front of ours

No, not mine. I wish.
They cost anywhere between 2k and "sky's the limit"
They can eat up some petro!

Mud! I'm diggin goin through this sub forum and I'm not sure where I wanna jump in first!

Youve listed some scenarios that arent at all far fetched... It may well happen in our lifetime we have to know how to live a little more "basically" at the very least.

Rossignol said:
Mud! I'm diggin goin through this sub forum and I'm not sure where I wanna jump in first!

Youve listed some scenarios that arent at all far fetched... It may well happen in our lifetime we have to know how to live a little more "basically" at the very least.

If you're read the book Patriots by James Rawles, you can easily see how the current global economic trends could end in what many would refer to as a TEOTWAWKI scenario.

If you haven't read Patriots, put it on your Christmas list. :D

Will do Mud! Thanks!

I may be able to download it from the library!

Thanks!!!

Just looked it up on google books, looks like most if not all is available to read!

Well I know that 550 Paracord Bracelets are held high in the SHTF world so here are my two latest homemade!!

546923_10200534016423626_558634474_n_zps938f17de.jpg

The wrist size turned out PERFECT!!

How about "Ok, You've Bugged Out. Now What?" and "How to Hook Up with Other Bugs"

lol short lived glory ;)

I have a more "Bug-in" theory... if everyone else is "bugging out" to the country why would you want to do the same?? Rossignol and few others, myself included, have talked about it somewhere else here on MO... Hypothetically, all the supplies will be in the cities because everyone ran to the country side too escape the "zombies" or "plague"... neither of which are going to need Twinkies, Ding Dongs or Nutty Bars :)

Bug out to let those left have at each other then move back in when half are gone and the other half are too worn out to put up much fight?

i'm ready Ric,,,,

Attachments

• everlasting_army_sandwich.jpg
    everlasting_army_sandwich.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 729
Back