• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Well, I stumbled and fell down. I bought another.

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
A blued Ruger Blackhawk 4-5/8" in .45 Colt.

In VG+ and close to Excellent condition.

I already have another revolver chambered for .45 Colt so I don't have to worry about the $1.50/rd cost of factory ammo. I cast my own bullets and have once fired brass and powder and primers and dies so it isn't a concern.

I am less likely to ever buy another semi-auto because I doubt we can own them in another 10-15 years.

This doesn't check that danger box. It's a pretty cool revolver. :)

nitesite, a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 magnum was the first gun I ever purchased with my own hard earned money back in the very late 50's. If I remember right Ruger first introduced the Blackhawk in the mid 50's and as far as I know has made them ever since. It was also the first caliber I ever reloaded with my old RBCS single stage press which I still use and still have my old 38/357 dies. Guess I'm considered "old school" but my old single stage press still works. Wish I still had the Blackhawk but back in those days people didn't have much money and you acquired things by trading. If I remember right I traded it for an old 30-06 hunting rifle.

Enjoy the new toy. I find your comment on semi-auto pistols interesting. Even if the "government" outlawed them I suspect the underground market, as it did during prohibition days, will keep the trade going forever. Our governemnt could (should) look at the liquor prohibition days and relearn how ineffective thier efforts were back then and understand that nothing has changed today. The government is trying today to entice owners to "register" their firearms. Guess we'll see how that works out next year.

Regards

Apparently there is no interest.

Sorry to bother y'all.
:D:D:D:D
My dad had a BH in .44mag. Had it re-blued and converted to "3-screw" at Ruger. My uncle has it now. I'm going to have him bring it the next time we go to the range since I have some ammo picked up in a lot a while back.

Apparently there is no interest.

Sorry to bother y'all.
Sometimes things get past me and I have to catch up. This is certainly one of those times. I'm reading and commenting between turning the catfish in the skillet.

With that said;

Blackhawks are nice. And 45 colt is iconic.

I'm going to have to start calling you Wyatt Burp.

Nitesite, we now need a picture of your coach gun and your new Blackhawk. You're all ready to ride that stage coach or for the corral shootout!

Congrats and Regards

Back