• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

"We're gonna start comin' to the suburbs"

I believe in swift, ruthless "ending" of riots. On the ground, LEOs will use rubber bullets or paintballs as a deterrent, moving towards the rioters. On the rooftops, snipers will take out anyone with a firearm aiming it towards the police, period.

I'm in a "decent" area of FL where this type of behavior will not be tolerated. I drive around ready for 3-gun, not that I'd want to have to...

I'm a bigger fan of rubber garden hoses. True that water isn't comfortable, but some of these rioters and paid insurrectionists need a huge can of foot to ass opened up on them for that lasting impression that they won't soon forget.

I'm a bigger fan of rubber garden hoses. True that water isn't comfortable, but some of these rioters and paid insurrectionists need a huge can of foot to ass opened up on them for that lasting impression that they won't soon forget.
That’s the problem. The “insurrectionists” as you call them get in and out with very little pushback. If they took some bird shot to arse they may just slither back from whence they came and not come back.

https://www.boston.com/news/nationa...ays-u-s-will-declare-antifa-a-terrorist-group

I read the sickening article. While I have no problem with protecting 1A rights (and the rest of them actually) though in my opinion, burning and looting and destroying property and assualting people is not under those protections.

They better watch what the wish for. That would give a green light to those more than willing and able to start shooting them and then declare the government can't do anything about it because it's our 2A rights and see how that goes for them because there is more than enough precedent and documentation to prove that it actually does.

You guys hear about Antifa and what they tweeted out yesterday?

Twitter cancelled their account after they called on people to head to the suburbs to attack homes and "take what is ours."

This would not end well for them.

You try entering my home uninvited and you will be shot, period.

This is why I have my AR-15 constantly ready to go with two magazines on board with a mag coupler.

I had heard about that. Very brazen, and very ignorant. I think it would have a very poor ending for the mob. A 45-70 at 50 yards would make a mess.

A decently trained group of 20 or 30 citizens armed with AR-15 and knowing how to use them would easily be able to stop a mod of hundreds. After the first fifty drop over wounded or dead, the rest would scatter. If however they themselves come armed and ready to go...problems. In that case, I would not mind having a few M1-Abrams ready to go with canister rounds. The real street sweeper.

We hadn't seen any trouble locally except this business about May 1st.
Dicks is about 10 miles from me. They robbed it 6 times, and got caught.

But last night the Target was raided in Clovis, about 3 miles from here.
I guess rioters hit over 100 target stores nationally.

Local cops said 10 to 15 people broke into target about 10:30 PM.
They have increased patrols and widened their contact network.

This is the first actual violent looting in the county, ever, in my 45 years here.
I think we will see store owners in Clovis bringing on armed security.
More remote surveillance.
Less willingness to hire black people.

BTW, they stole electronics, all of which have unique internal addresses and as such can likely be traced back remotely.
They all log on to the WWW to check for updates during initial setup.
They could all likely be remotely disabled too.
People will be calling up customer service for help, exposing themselves.

Meanwhile my dogs will be on duty, and the new kennel will actually accommodate a couple more hounds.
If they raid the Stores across the street from my my back fence, and the cops show up on the main street, my back yard could be a likely hiding spot for looters jumping fences. This could get interesting.

I pray every day that I won't ever have to slaughter anything bigger than a fish; not man nor beast.
It's not something I need. Please, Lord, not that...
But if I had to protect little Judy from violence, my outlook would be directly brutal.

image.jpeg In the background is our local Target, no pun intended. It is about 100 meters from our house. The store closed at 4pm today and the entryways and exits are barricaded with pallets of kitty litter and Coca Cola. All wrapped in plastic. A friend of mine called to tell me there is info that the intersection, 101st and Memorial in Tulsa, will be the location of a protest this evening. As of now, 7:50pm CDT all is quiet.

I think I will be up late tonight.

2:10am
Judy snores lightly.
Every dog is quiet.

I could not go to bed

We live 1/2 mile from the firehouse & earlier this eve I heard two trucks go out at different times. Probably car accidents. They did not run the sirens much. About as far as the local high school or a bit more. I didn’t smell smoke.

Back