• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What’s The Finish On 590A1 Receiver?

cloudswimmer

Copper BB
Hey all,

I bought my 590A1 new in 2017, I’ve never wiped the exterior receiver finish down with anything in that time .. but I would like to wipe my greasy finger prints and gunk that’s built up on the receiver off it now and make it look nice again before attaching my new Mesa aluminum side saddle. Does anyone know what the matte black finish on these receivers is? What would you recommend to wipe it with that won’t wipe the finish off?

Thanks .... C

It shouldn't wipe off.

It will either be anodizing or parkerizing.

Both are chemical processes.

It shouldn't wipe off.

It will either be anodizing or parkerizing.

Both are chemical processes.

Thanks for chiming in John. The Parkerizing process cannot be used on non-ferrous metals such as aluminum .. which means then I guess it’s flat anodizing or something else .. which has me a little worried since I just went to clean off a Coolfire Trainer fill adapter, which is anodized blue, with a 70% alcohol wipe and the blue anodizing immediately started coming off on the wipe, so what do guys who actually own 590A1’s use to wipe down their receivers?

Dry rag. Washcloth. Old piece of sweatshirt.

Back