• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What camo do you wear?

Ha! I bet you look funny with just that on. Well. As long as its camo'd, i guess they wouldn't see you naked man. :lol:

Ripcode said:
ninja.jpg

Since Ripcode saw fit to post pics of himself in his ninja suit, I feel compelled to post a link to the official ninja training video I watched to become a genuine ninja.

The most important thing to learn is don't be ninjin' on nobody that don't need ninjin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyj-mSgRBPU[/youtube]

Just so I'm not accused of hijacking another thread (I want to hunt bears :lol: ) I know it's old school, but natural gear works great for me. I've used it for close to 20 years.

Oh thank goodness! :lol:

Interesting, looks like it works much the same way ATACS, M2D, Advantage, and similar stuff works!

It does. And I think those guys based it off of this pattern. It's been around longer than mossy oak the best I remember.

Or maybe they were all coming out about the same time.

Anyway, the Natural Gear is simple, but very effective. The colors blend right into the woods in my area.

My Dad bought my first set for me for Christmas close to 25 years ago and I've been a believer ever since.

Needless to say, I haven't fit into those in a long time, but I still have the shirt.

NaturalGear002.jpg

I seen some of the new A-Tacs Foliage Green and got a set on the way, should be nice here in the coniferous forest and ok in the brushy areas ….
A-TACS-FG-Pattern.jpg

355b8a6dd6c202065ccba20d0322.jpg

Propper_A-TACS_FG_ACU_Pants__18396_zoom.jpg

And the boonie hat. Stoked because I havent had a set of quality camo in 15 years

Dude, those are sweet!!! You gotta get us some pics when you get em! You gotta try em on and go stand in the woods! ;)

I like the ASAT camo it just seems to blend in with anything. I have a leafy suit that I wear frequently. It is a mesh suit with the leafy ASAT pattern sewn. I orderred it extra big so I can wear it over whatever I need to based on the temps when I hunt. Other than that I don't go with a specific pattern. i just buy whatever and piece it together. Often I just wear natural colored flannel shirts or something.

ASAT Suit (not me but same suit):

When not wearing that, I'll be the dork in the Real Tree pants, Mossy Oak jacket and non-name camo hat. I'm more about function then looking good when I'm hunting. :lol:

Attachments

• asat suit.jpg
    asat suit.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 763
It's like I tell my wife...

It's not a fashion show.

ripjack13 said:
It's like I tell my wife...

It's not a fashion show.

^ this

But that suit that Oli posted looks like it could pull off both. :lol: I wear camo, even when I'm not hunting. It's part of my daily apparel.

I always just mix and match. As long as the colors and patterns are close.

Huters back in the day, did not have Moss Oak or Realtree or even any of the other camo brands, and they never had a problem putting food on the table.

Hell the old timer use to smoke while sitting in Deer stands and still came back with plenty of Backstrap.

LTB45 said:
Hell the old timer use to smoke while sitting in Deer stands and still came back with plenty of Backstrap.

IMHO playing the wind is much more important than the camo.

:lol: I smoke too when I hunt! I'll stick with multicam for the most part...

Southwestern Oregon forests exhibit extraordinary species diversity, ranking amongst the most diverse of all northern temperate forests. The vegetation changes rapidly in different elevations and slope aspects. For this reason it is very difficult to find a camo that works well everywhere…..in fact it is impossible with Multicam being the best out there for this area if you plan to be mobile and walk through multiple micro climates and vegetations in a day’s trek.

I wanted to give this new A-Tacs a try here, it is the new FG variant. I had some Multicam in hand when I noticed this stuff. I ordered it online and bought the Boonie on the spot. I only have the Boonie at the moment so I took some pics in different locations to see how it looks. To me the Boonie is always given away by the round shape of the brim so on some of the picks I put minimal vegetation in the veg band to break up the shape, I would usually add more but didn’t want to for the pics. All the pics are early morning, end of summer, dry.

These first two are of the driest arid spot I would come across in a day. It is about 1500 ft valley floor with buck brush and dry grass
100_1451.jpg

100_1454.jpg

This is a transition to a pine/oak savanna, about 2200 ft
100_1455.jpg

100_1456.jpg

100_1460.jpg

This is a transition to thick, brushy stand of mixed conifer timber, open canopy about 3000 ft….added like 5 little stems of sword fern to break up the brim on the last pics
100_1461.jpg

100_1465.jpg

100_1467.jpg

Little spot alongside a creek with different veg, about 3300 ft couple twigs and leaves added
100_1472.jpg

100_1473.jpg

The last ones are a closed canopy old growth stand, mostly fir and low ground cover around 4500 ft little moss and fir added to the front
100_1478.jpg

100_1484.jpg

100_1485.jpg

100_1492.jpg

Dude, thats harder to do than Wheres Waldo! I love the ATACS!

Back