• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What camo do you wear?

Yeah, I know you're humoring me! :)

It's far from great right now, I hope that as spring arrives and everything starts getting some more color it'll work.

Oh, on that Vegetato. When I first looked at, that tan looked like a light green which I had believed would work well in the spring. The mil surp jacket and pants that are coming look to have much more green than the tan, which after a couple searches, turns out the tan is the base color.

Brad, do you sew? You can cut up an old camo "something" into strips 3-4" tall/wide. And long enough to wrap around the hat. Then sew one long edge on the hat. Then cut it into strips almost to the sew line...
Like this...

Crap...it wont let me load up pix.

That's my hat....I sewed up strips onto a cheap thin boonie hat. Came out good.

Not bad.....probably costs more than runnin down to joann fabric and gettin 3-4 yards of realtree fabric. But it wont be as thin as that stuff. So it'll be a little harder to smush into a bag...

Got the Vegetato stuff today.

Initial impressions;
The tan base on the mil spec really is a little more green. This stuff is cut weird. After reading as many reviews as I could find, I ordered one size up. I'm glad I did. If I had used the size chart exclusively, I would have ordered mediums. Based on reviews, I ordered large. The jacket seems to be a closer fit but the pants are just a little baggy. Reviews said the pants, when ordered based on the size chart, fit like European cut skinny jeans/trousers. The front pockets are wide, baggy, and shallow. Don't put anything in there you wouldn't be willing to part ways with. The material is thin, but in any case, there's enough room to wear something under.

Weather should be decent this weekend and I'll get pics.

So much depends on what I'm doing and the time of year. Timber Ghost pants and a Realtree Advantage pullover for spring turkey, Realtree Advantage for bowhunting and Predator snow camo for late season hunts. For woods paintball from spring through fall I wear old school tiger stripe camo...

Looks good. If you're gonna use that set up for turkey, hide the shells. Turkeys can see the sun reflections on em....

A billion dollar industry. Not moving, making noise, excessive odors matter more. How many guys do you see well camo'd & smoking? Getiing camo'd for how WE see is silly, what kind of vision does the quarry have? Here in FL a green Hawaii shirt will work in the woods or wallmart. Kind of like fishing lures being sold to catch fisherman, NOT fish. When it's faded it's done. I like big bold patterns that don't look like a solid blob. I like predator, but get afraid the branches may be mistaken for antlers. Marsh grass works well in corn fields as well as swamps. AP realtree mostly. Anything shiny (brass/eye glasses/ bald heads) is a no-no, stay out of direct sunlight. Avoid patterns that make your hips look big. You can tell the out of towners cuz all their patterns match.

Hear or see any toms?

How's the strikers working out?

Back