• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What camo do you wear?

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Right now I have been running Realtree Hardwoods but next set will be something different since they have since discontinued this line and replaced it with Realtree AP.

Re: What camo do you where?

Seclusion 3d

this is what i have...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... t107645580

qABnA.jpg

Re: What camo do you where?

I use Realtree AP! It provides excellent break-up in any environment.

Ripcode said:

Nice! I was just asking a guy at work the other day if I should be a ninja or a tactical operator. He said a tactical operator because they have ninja repelling head gear. I have no way of verifying this information as its classified until I become a tactical operator.

Rossignol said:
Ripcode said:

Nice! I was just asking a guy at work the other day if I should be a ninja or a tactical operator. He said a tactical operator because they have ninja repelling head gear. I have no way of verifying this information as its classified until I become a tactical operator.

But chicks dig the Ninja's! :cool:

the wife wanted to get in on the camo thing since i've been going gung ho on this turkey hunting i got going on...so she got this for HER. (not me)

vmUMf.jpg

finger nail stickers..they look pretty cool after she did it. i'll get pics of after only by request.

Over the last year I've grown very partial to MAX-4 EVERYTHING!!!! All the way down to a drake LST max-4 mask and soon to be in the collection a max-4 930 waterfowl! I like it because it really blends well in every environment and since I'm in college I only get to hunt int the winter so my duck stuff gets used for everything lol. I wear my waders in a deer stand because I am too broke to buy other stuff :lol:

Camo?

I'm not at all traditional in what I like. For example, I'm really diggin the new A-TACS camo, I also like Multi-cam.

A-TACS
d738be9e-2e3d-4261-bcb5-37a3c7a357c6.jpg

Multi-cam
multicam_pants_river_small.JPG

What do you like? Anyone use the newer M2D? Mossy Oak is always a popular one too, and I think the Duck Blind stuff is very similar to the M2D.

Re: Camo?

I have 3 sets ( shirt/pants ) of BDUs...one of each pattern below purchased cheap at various gun shows...

WOODLAND

WOODLAND-1-1.jpg

TIGER STRIPE

TIGERSTRIPE.jpg

URBAN

URBAN-1-1-1.jpg

...and I have one woodland ghillie suit and one white winter snow suit bought thru Sportmans Guide

WOODLANDGHILLIE.jpg

WINTERCAMO.jpg

Since I live Pennsylvania and hunt mostly whitetail, spring gobbler, turkey, duck, pheasant, and most recently coyotes...the woodland pattern bdu and ghillie suit, as well as the white snow overalls and a splash of blaze orange (hat/vest) when required are all I need.

I am probably not the best person for camo advice as I will mix and match as I go. The main thing I go for is breaking up the silhouette, that is why camo works. I do have to be honest, the new gen of camo does seem to be nice though. I have heard it said more than once--camo can be the pursuit of perfection while going broke.

sumoj275 said:
I have heard it said more than once--camo can be the pursuit of perfection while going broke.

lol! I can belive that!!!

i have the cabela's ghil-leaf jacket and pants.

ULhYQ.jpg

the jacket is realtree,

MCS31.jpg

and the pants are seclusion 3d.

kFWkr.jpg

i had bought the wrong jacket first, then i returned it,

but they were out of the seclusion 3d, so i just grabbed the realtree and you really can't tell the difference either.what is interesting though is the new jacket has more pockets than the other one. and that's a real bonus!..... i love them. and they are quiet too, which is another bonus!

The pattern walmart carries seems to work pretty good along the woodlines here... a bit gray for the fields, and not green enough for pines, but not bad for dry hardwoods.

I just picked up a couple used woodland camo jackets for $5 each at the nearest mil-surp store! Also got the Proper multi-cam jacket. I got it kinda big so I can wear sweatshirts and stuff under it, but I think its too big and I may take it back and exchange it for one size down. Picked up some khaki bdu pants too.

They have a ghilllie suit too... still thinkin bout that.

Back