• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What Do You Shoot? - Air Rifles/Pistols

I haven't put any more on paper but it seems to be doing better. Me an a buddy sat an shot pears on the tree from about 30 yards Saturday evening. And i was picking apples off the clothesline posts between 25 and 35 yards Sunday evening.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I can do with that little 880 Powerline... Not the fancy Silver Kodiak... I couldn't hit a Kodiak Bear from 5 yards probably lol...

When I had my 880 my brother and i would line up old 12g hulls and 30-06 brass and knock them down from varying distences up to about 25 yards. I thought I was quite the sniper back then LOL

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

At about 25-30 yards mine holds 1 inch groups with Crosman pellets. Same distance the groups are 6+ with Daisy pellets.

I have both a 1377 and a 1322. You cannot go wrong with either one or both. Mine are super accurate and a real lot of fun to shoot. I have custom wood on the pumping handles and the grips. I will attempt to post pictures later.

I have a few high priced and high power air rifles. My favorite is a PCP, the Benjamin Marauder in .22 cal.

IMG_3060_zps3ca0f63e.jpg

IMG_3058_zpsde6d0215.jpg

IMG_3059_zpsb55154a1.jpg

That is a REALLY nice air rifle!!! I love the idea of the .357 and have watched hours of people shooting game with theirs! Well out of my price range and I have no practical use for it over a regular rifle in that price range lol

I would love to see pictures of your custom grips! There is some real creativity out on the web with the stocks and such for those 2 models of pistols!

Itsricmo said:
I would love to see pictures of your custom grips! There is some real creativity out on the web with the stocks and such for those 2 models of pistols!

Here are a couple quick shots of the pistols. The darker wood is walnut on the .177. The lighter wood is maple on the .22. They are both very accurate if I do my part.

IMG_3113_zps7e7963f7.jpg

IMG_3112_zps2e3944c0.jpg

Which do you prefer?? I have both in my cart and on Back-order but I have to pick just one... JUST ONE! lol

I can get he 2289 which is the stocked version of the 1322 in a "bug out" kit but I just want the stocked pistol/carbine lol

Get the .22. You can always get a .177 later at almost any store. I haven't seen the .22 in stores.

I have a 2289 or an earlier version, not in the bug out kit. I love it. Another reason to go .22.

I had a feeling you would say that! I was running some Ft/lbs of Energy conversions and the 22 hits significantly harder at much lower velocities. The 22 makes 5 FPE at 450 FPS while it takes the .177 almost 600 FPS to match that. If the accuracy proves to be reliable and repeatable... the grey squirrel population in my new back yard is going to be hurting lol >:)

The Premier HP and Premier Domed both come in 250, 500, 1250 ct boxes or tins so ammo would be extremely plentiful lol and I have some empty beer cans to shoot :D those are a renewable resource as well haha

I have so many .22 pellets, I can't begin to tell you all the names. The ones I use all the time are the ones I get at Walmart. Crosman somethings.

Probably the Destroyer-X. Sort of like a Hollow Point with a spire in the center??
I figure for all intensive purposes... looking into this more and more;

The .22 will give me the knockdown FPE I need for a squirrel or bird at short range (maximum 20 yards if I can repeat hits) and still be cheap as shit! haha

I got back into airgunning with this Gamo PT85 blowback
Cool looking and a true scourge of popcans and Timmies cups .
Shoots just above 400fps , using those lighter weight pellets.

Then along came this KWC Sig p226 BB gun blowback action
This has all the cool factor copy of the real deal
Shoots somewhere around 350fps
Shown with a Lasertec green laser...tons of fun

Those are really something neat! I had a Beretta blowback a long time ago and it was a hoot!
Literally... I shot my step dads plastic owl from like 25 yards... it was demolished by the time I cared I destroyed it haha (I was much younger than I am now)

Back