• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What do you use your 835 for?

MT2

I bought mine for turkey hunting, but thinking about tryin some slugs through it or maybe buying a rifled slug barrel and doubling as my turkey and deer gun. As well as taking to the range so when someone start talking smack about recoil of their gun, I can drop a 3 1/2 turkey load and say "try this".

Just about anything I need or want to shoot at except in a situation I might need a concealed weapon.

It takes me less than 10 minutes to reconfigure it to a specific task but normal configuration is a 24 inch rifled barrel with fiber sights, Knoxx Recoil Reducing Stock, Limbsaver butt pad amd a plus 4 magazine extension making it a 9 + 1.

Some of the ammunition on hand include the following.

Sabot
Winchester Partition Gold 385 grain 1725 fps
Winchester Super-X 1 oz. 1350 fps
Remington Premier Copper Solid 1 oz. 1450 fps
Hornady SST 300 grain 2000 fps

Slug
Remington Slugger 1 oz. 1760 fps
Winchester Super-X 1 oz. 1600 fps

Winchester XB1200 9 pellet 1325 fps
Winchester XB12L00 18 pellet 1200 fps
Winchester XB12300 15 pellet 1210 fps

Winchester X124 1.25 oz. 1300 fps

Winchester WEX122 1-1/16 oz. 1550 fps
Remington HSS122 1-1/8 oz. 1700 fps

My mighty 835 is dedicated to turkeys. I need to get another one and slug it up...

I set mine up specifically for turkey.

Since I put a Blackhawk! Stock on mine, I use 3-1/2. I can reach em a lil further than normal....and also....it kills em more deader.. ;)

I have one set up specifically for turkey, the other set up fpr waterfowl. Like Rip said, with the 3 1/2", it kills 'em more deader! :twisted:

Hi,

Im new to the forum and recently purchased my first Mossberg which was an 835 Waterfowl, I intend to use this for duck hunting here in the UK are their any accessories or modifications you would suggest i make to improve on the out of the box performance?? I will be going on holiday to the US this summer and my intention is to buy a few upgrades for it while im there and bring it home.

I love the gun and think the performance is great already the only thing that conerned me at first was the fore end was a little loose and wobbly but reading up on the web this is not uncommon. Ive only had it a few days and found your forum for help, ideas and advice....

Any advice or redirection to another post would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Grant....

grunt1201 said:
Hi,

Im new to the forum and recently purchased my first Mossberg which was an 835 Waterfowl, I intend to use this for duck hunting here in the UK are their any accessories or modifications you would suggest i make to improve on the out of the box performance?? I will be going on holiday to the US this summer and my intention is to buy a few upgrades for it while im there and bring it home.

I love the gun and think the performance is great already the only thing that conerned me at first was the fore end was a little loose and wobbly but reading up on the web this is not uncommon. Ive only had it a few days and found your forum for help, ideas and advice....

Any advice or redirection to another post would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Grant....

hello Grant and welcome from the other side of the pond NY. congrats on your new mossy.
i don't own a 835 but i'm sure one of the 835 owners will chime in and be able to answer all your questions.
you get a chance post a pic of that new mossy. :)

oh yeah,the wobbly forend is nothing to worry about.

and check out the 835 sub forums. enjoy.
viewforum.php?f=15

Howdy Grant. Yes the wobble is normal. Mine has aboit 1/4 inch of play what tilted to either side. What kind of upgrades are you planning?

Re: RE: What do you use your 835 for?

Bought mine 15 yrs ago for waterfowl because of the matte finish and green plastic stock to help keep the quackers and honkers from seeing me.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

I was open to suggestion to help improve the out of the box performance - when waterfowling what choke tubes do you use ? I was also considering a change to the stock maybe the blackhawk spec ops adjustable version but i have no idea on how you change them ?? Can you remove the factory front and rear beads on the 835?? As i want the fibre optic style on it instead - And lastly the gun is matt black polycarb so i may do a custom paint job to blend in with the local foliage.....

Purchased mine to pursue turkey & calling coyotes in the thick stuff. Williams Firesights installed to adjust the pattern to the different loads. Spring time is just around the corner and I'm anxious to get out and do some hunting for a big old Tom.

Welcome to the forum from NY. You get a chance post a pic or two. :)

Back