• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What rail is best for mounting a red dot?

kaz1961

Copper BB
Just picked up a 702 and want to mount a red dot to it. What would be the best rail to pick up for this purpose? TIA for any help.

There are a large variety of options available to you and though I have moved on to an adjustable scope I shot my 702 with a red dot when I first acquired it and it was a great match. There are a number of companies that make red dot scopes that will mount directly to the 3/8" dovetail "rail" that comes on the gun - BSA, NC Star...more. They are pointed T the 22 market. These will mount (depending on make) fairly low on the gun. If you require a higher mount there are 3/8" risers and 3/8 - Weaver rail adapters at a variety of heights and lengths. This is what I use for the cheek weld that fits my style of shooting.

The good news is that the possibilities are numerous. The real answer is "best" is what works for you and your budget.

Post up ideas or results - pics too. We love pics. I'll be starting a thread soon on a project I'm doing with my 702 - you can see pics of my setup there.

Welcome to the forum!

+1 to mingaa's response...ultimately it will come down to buget.

I just purchased the B-square 17025 3/8 to weaver low mounts for a tru glo TG8380BN red dot will let know how fitting goes when it arrives.Jim

Back