• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What to build?

dieselmudder

.30-06
Elite Member
"Philanthropist"
So I've had a stripped upper, stripped lower, LPK, trigger, BCG, etc all sitting around for awhile. Really all I need to complete a build is a barrel, gas system, and stock/brace. Ive been torn between a 14.5 inch 5.56, or a 10.5 inch .300BLK. ive got several 5.56/.223 chamberings already. As far as 300 Blk. ammo goes, I've got all the components, would just need to get dies.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Check for dies first. The racks are as bare as the ammo racks.

The .309blk is ok, much more appealing if you have a suppressor. I rarely use my upper anymore YMMV.

My buddy built a .300 blackout and he thought it was unsatisfying, so he built a .458

I have yet to see him shoot it but that will come soon.

I haven't shot my blk since building a 9x39 upper.

Of course, I expect that import ammo will be on the chopping block soon, and I don't know of any domestic producers at this time. But, if you can find a Redding (KAK) 9x39 set of dies, some 7.62x39 brass and some powder and primers, I can tell you where to get the projectiles at. Since they're not real popular at this time, they're still available. But getting set up for 9x39 is more expensive than most other rifle cal's.

Just my opinion, the 9x39 caliber is an awesome round. Especially for a normally subsonic cartridge. Out to 300 yards, it outperforms everything that I know of.

This video is long, but they do a lot of shooting and assessing its' capabilities. Start at 3:55 to skip the infomercial.

I haven't shot my blk since building a 9x39 upper.

Of course, I expect that import ammo will be on the chopping block soon, and I don't know of any domestic producers at this time. But, if you can find a Redding (KAK) 9x39 set of dies, some 7.62x39 brass and some powder and primers, I can tell you where to get the projectiles at. Since they're not real popular at this time, they're still available. But getting set up for 9x39 is more expensive than most other rifle cal's.

Just my opinion, the 9x39 caliber is an awesome round. Especially for a normally subsonic cartridge. Out to 300 yards, it outperforms everything that I know of.

This video is long, but they do a lot of shooting and assessing its' capabilities. Start at 3:55 to skip the infomercial.

I actually have a fair amount of 7.62x39 brass. I had planned to start reloading some and never got to it. The 9x39 barrels dont seem to be readily available. (At least not places i usually look) Granted not a whole lot of barrels are "readily" available at the time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back