• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What to do??

Takbo

I finally bought a Mossberg 930, used and excellent condition. Shoots 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells. 24 inch rifled barrel with Williams rear and front sights.

I have not been able to locate a smooth bore barrel (18-20inch) and wanted feedback on these options because I primarily use buckshot shells.

I have sent an email to Mossberg's customer service, and will f/u with a phone call because I have not received a reply.

Can a gunsmith convert a rifle barrel to smooth barrel? If not, will a choke improve the spray pattern?

I hate to destroy a an excellent barrel, so another option is to find someone looking to trade.

My final option is to do nothing, and wait and see.

Honest and direct replies are encouraged.

LES will probably drop in and provide the model number, but I would just order a new barrel direct from Mossberg.

Once you have the model number, just call them.

That's what I did for the Roadblocker.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Welcome aboard Takbo.

If you're looking for the plain 18.5" cylinder barrel the Mossberg part number is 93020. That's the 18.5" 12 gauge security barrel, cylinder bore w/bead sight in the matte black finish. The published list price is $164.27. Like @USMC_5711 said, your best bet is to call Mossberg directly and place an order with them...

(800) 363-3555

Welcome aboard Takbo.

If you're looking for the plain 18.5" cylinder barrel the Mossberg part number is 93020. That's the 18.5" 12 gauge security barrel, cylinder bore w/bead sight in the matte black finish. The published list price is $164.27. Like @USMC_5711 said, your best bet is to call Mossberg directly and place an order with them...

(800) 363-3555

Much appreciated. I made a quick call, and I was pleasantly surprised because the rep explained the process, placed my order ($157 shipped), and said I should receive my barrel in 2-3 weeks.

I was curious about the online status (out of stock). Based on our conversation, they receive a bulk amount of barrels from the factory, and then process paid phone orders first. Anything leftover is listed on the website.

Now it is time to order my NC parts. :)

Nice!

The folks at Mossberg will be the first ones to tell you that their on-line inventory system is unreliable. Glad you got your order in while they had stock...

I made a f/u call to Mossberg, and my barrel shipped today, with a Fex tracking number. Also received my NC parts today. Life is good. Once everything is together, I will post pics.

I saw f/u call and thought,,,,oh boy this is gonna be a doozy. LOL

I think we all thought that.

Glad the f/u turned out good for you.:)

I received my 18.5' replacement barrel, yesterday. Added NC extension, barrel clamp w/rail, and oversize charging handle. Will add a sling, and my 930 is complete.

Back