• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What type/brand of sling is best? Yet cheapest?

Just talked to Specter Gear. The sling I ordered comes with that sling plate adapter at the mag tube. But heres the cool thing, The sling comes loose from the sling plat and can be used with a traditional sling swivel.

So again, if she doesnt like it, I can use it for either of my two other Mossbergs.

Re: Re: What type/brand of sling is best? Yet cheapest?

Rossignol said:
Just talked to Specter Gear. The sling I ordered comes with that sling plate adapter at the mag tube. But heres the cool thing, The sling comes loose from the sling plat and can be used with a traditional sling swivel.

So again, if she doesnt like it, I can use it for either of my two other Mossbergs.

Sounds like a win win to me.

Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Yep, I agree!

Heres a pic of what I ordered, the Mossberg 500 SOP sling. It includes a matte finish magazine sling plate designed for the barrel/magazine tube configuration of the 500, but as i had mentioned, the sling is not permanently fixed to the adapter plate. There is a 1" nylon web adapter (visible in the picture) that will work with the sling plate or a 1" swivel. The model # of the one I ordered is #181 FG (Foliage Green) The model # for the sling with a sling plate for the 590 is #183

Specter Gear, Mossberg 500 SOP sling
181-07.jpg

Back