• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What type/brand of sling is best? Yet cheapest?

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I use the Quake 'The Claw' 2-point sling. It rocks for gripping clothing and staying put. http://www.quakeinc.com/riflesling.html

They do make a single point version called 'The Claw Tactical'. http://www.quakeinc.com/tacticalsling.html Been thinking about picking one of these up. Both are under $30.

I ordered the claw 2 point sling. In od green. I hope it works good. I liked the rocky mountain tactical but will try one of these claws and if I dont like it then will go with the rocky mountain tactical.

Just ordered the Blackhawk 55-round bandolier from Midway USA. Ill let you know how it is when she arrives.

Did I mention I bought a box of the Hornady Zombie 12ga buckshot? Haha, figured I'd get a box as a souvenir. I wont shoot it. Just save it for fun/sentimentality.

COFirefighter said:
Just ordered the Blackhawk 55-round bandolier from Midway USA. Ill let you know how it is when she arrives.

Did I mention I bought a box of the Hornady Zombie 12ga buckshot? Haha, figured I'd get a box as a souvenir. I wont shoot it. Just save it for fun/sentimentality.

Holy Smokes man! What will you do with that! Zombies? :D

The Hornady Z-Max? I'm almost jealous! I want some! Well, I want alot!

Rossignol-

To be perfectly honest, I bought the bandolier for the "cool" factor, but I also bought it to throw in my bugout bag as well.

Regarding the "zombie" rounds, again, they were purchased for the "novelty" factor. If I had the $$$, I would've bought a case to stock my bugout bag and in order to actually shoot some. However, I'm just glad I got a box before they discontinue them, which hopefully they wont before I can order a case.

COFirefighter said:
I'm just glad I got a box before they discontinue them, which hopefully they wont before I can order a case.

Man, I dont think theyre goin anywhere! I talked to Hornady today and marketing says theyve just begun.

I posted more in the ammo section;
Hornady Z-Max

Dang it boy this topic went the totally opposite direction. One minute we are talking about slings and the next ammo.

Not a bad price on that! SportsmansGuide does have some really good deals, pretty much all the time! I'd kinda like to get a GI cotton web sling. They have some right now that were never issued.

I need some help finding a sling folks!

I'm lookin for the kind that wraps the stock on one end and attaches to a swivel on the other. Anyone know what these are and who makes them? I know I've seen them, but cant remember for the life of me where to look!

HELP! I need one before Allison and I go hunting!

Rossignol said:
I need some help finding a sling folks!

I'm lookin for the kind that wraps the stock on one end and attaches to a swivel on the other. Anyone know what these are and who makes them? I know I've seen them, but cant remember for the life of me where to look!

HELP! I need one before Allison and I go hunting!

Specter Gear I believe.

http://www.spectergear.com/mossberg_500_cqb_sling.htm

http://www.spectergear.com/mossberg_590_cqb_sling.htm

http://www.opticsplanet.com/s/Specter+gear+sling/

Ooooh, Good lookin out! Thanks!

And made in the US of A!!! I think i found another by Gear Sector, but it would require purchasing an adapter for the stock. My problem here is that Allisons gun doesnt have a sling swivel mount on the stock, and I dont particularly feel like installing one.

I guess I could, and then just a GI web sling? But I think she will like the wrap around style!

The Blackhawk Universal Swift Sling (p/n 70GS17BK) is made by Spectre and sold under the Blackhawk brand, or the other way around. Anyway, they're the same just the packaging is different.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhawk-u ... s17bk.html

There were enough pieces inside that I outfitted an AR-15 with collapsable stock and A2FS side swivel with a quick-release and infinitely adjustable 3-point sling.

And with the parts left over I added the wraparound buttstock sling mount and front attachment point to a Mossy 500. All I needed then was a $4.99 black USGI nylon basic AR sling to go between the two points.

Heck, I still have one or two sling attachment pieces left over from the Universal Kit.

I'll grab pics if you want to see what all comes with it.

$39 did me up two guns quite well..... :)

Well, I did the Specter Gear from Amazon! $29, $36 delivered. I actually didnt know I confirmed the order. The previous page review and confirm the order on the next page. I went to the next page cuz I wanted to know what the shipping would be, and there I saw a conformation number!

Hmmm, I have to explain this one to Jenny now. Darnit. I really just wanted a total so I could tell her first before ordering.

I looked at the BlackHawk and Gear Sector too, I really liked the Gear Sector, my first choice, but its also $20 more before shipping. The Specter Gear is very much the same but without the quick pull ladder adjustment strap on the front point.

What I do like about the Specter Gear is includes an adapter to use with the magazine lug screw. There are variations for the 590 too.

So I guess when it gets here, I'll review it! :D Allison will like it for sure! I may end up using it though... HA! :lol:

tnxdshooter said:
Yeah get it for allison if she doesnt like it you can always use it.

Ugh man... She was mad at me all last night cuz she insists Cole, her older brother by a couple years, stole and hid her Nintendo DS charger and I wouldnt go ransack his room to find it. She just kep t goin on and on about it and just really nasty dispositioned about it.

The point, when I showed her the sling (she has a birthday comin up) she said she didnt care about a sling. What evah. I think shes talkin to me again today, so we'll see.

And as you said, if it turns out she really doesnt care, I think it can still be used with a 1 1/4" sling swivel so I can put it either my 590A1 or my 500.

She'll miss it though when we hit the field and we're following a hard headed stubborn as can be pointer who is as likely to keep goin for miles on end as to actually stop long enough on a point so we figure out where the bird is. Yeah, field hunting for us is a long long cold walk. We see birds when she busts a covey. She points for 2 seconds at a time. Our best bet is to catch her while shes stalking and creeping.

Point being, Allison can carry the gun. Heck with her.

Rossignol said:
tnxdshooter said:
Yeah get it for allison if she doesnt like it you can always use it.

Ugh man... She was mad at me all last night cuz she insists Cole, her older brother by a couple years, stole and hid her Nintendo DS charger and I wouldnt go ransack his room to find it. She just kep t goin on and on about it and just really nasty dispositioned about it.

The point, when I showed her the sling (she has a birthday comin up) she said she didnt care about a sling. What evah. I think shes talkin to me again today, so we'll see.

And as you said, if it turns out she really doesnt care, I think it can still be used with a 1 1/4" sling swivel so I can put it either my 590A1 or my 500.

She'll miss it though when we hit the field and we're following a hard headed stubborn as can be pointer who is as likely to keep goin for miles on end as to actually stop long enough on a point so we figure out where the bird is. Yeah, field hunting for us is a long long cold walk. We see birds when she busts a covey. She points for 2 seconds at a time. Our best bet is to catch her while shes stalking and creeping.

Point being, Allison can carry the gun. Heck with her.

Kids lol cant live with em might as well join em. Or i guess in casey anthonys case cant live with em might as well kill em and get away with it.

Back