• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Whats your sling?

The most comfortable slings I have found for hunting is the Outdoor Connections padded Super Sling. I have used them for years and they really help take the weight of the 835 durng an all day turkey hunt.
I just picked up a Tactical Link single point for my Sig M400. I like it so far.

I found a sling, that at first I was skeptical of. It's a "Slogan Sling". It's rubber, and has heavy plastic swivels.

Bought one a few years ago, and immediately fell in love with it. I now have one on every one of my long guns.

It flexes, but isn't too springy. The swivels have been through alot and not one has failed. It will not slide off your shoulder, and can go to a backpack carry instantly. It's an awesome sling.

Glad this got resurrected.

Blue Force Fear Vickers Combat Applications Sling (no padding, the original) on all my AR builds. They just flat out work for me. I like the Magpul MS1 design, though, I may have to try one out.

Simple, MILSPEC, black nylon sling on my defense shotties. Nothing fancy there.

Glad this got resurrected.

Blue Force Fear Vickers Combat Applications Sling (no padding, the original) on all my AR builds. They just flat out work for me. I like the Magpul MS1 design, though, I may have to try one out.

Simple, MILSPEC, black nylon sling on my defense shotties. Nothing fancy there.

The BFG VCAS two point sling is what I added to my Maverick 88. I had it on my AR, and it was a great sling. But after getting it wet and muddy, it lost its quick adjustability. The cotton webbing expanded after absorbing water, making the quick slide buckle very difficult to move along the now thicker, wet webbing. I rinsed out as much of the mud off of it, but when it dried out, the cotton webbing became very stiff, rendering the quick slide operable, but no where near as easy as it once was when new. I washed it again with soap and water, but it still remained stiff and difficult to adjust. So I relegated it to my shotgun. It works okay, and serves its purpose for now.

I bought a Blucollar two point nylon sling as the stock one was too short for my unique needs.
Nice product but was a bit slick being nylon. I took silicone sealant and applied it thinly with a putty knife to one end. It was too sticky so on the other end I applied it in a 1" silicone 2" bare pattern and it is perfect.

I'm 4 months into a Blue Force Gear Vickers padded 2-point sling.
All this information is super helpful. Wish I had found this site before I purchased my sling. Although I like it so far, I haven't put it through any tough field work yet.

I have an A-Tac single point sling for my shorty made by Outdoor Connection in Waco Texas. Tested to 800 pounds has a H-K type of hook.

Only problems with para-cord for a sling to me is it would be too uncomfortable on extended treks, not easy to readjust the length and it you use it a lot and get a lot of wear, the para-cord may not be suitable to use in an emergency.

NASA, when you write that you have a "shorty" do you mean you have a Class 3 SBS? If so, where have you found it best to attach your single point sling?
Thanks for the help. I have a SBS and am curious where others have found the best attachment point.

I'm 4 months into a Blue Force Gear Vickers padded 2-point sling.
All this information is super helpful. Wish I had found this site before I purchased my sling. Although I like it so far, I haven't put it through any tough field work yet.

Any suggestions from you or anyone on how to modify a Mossberg 500 field security combo with magpul furniture to add QD mounts? My 12g doesn't seem to have QDs.

Back