• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Whats your sling?

Alright we have this new area here whats everyone running for a sling? I currently do not have one but have recently started making paracord survival bracelets so my next project I plan to tackle a paracord sling.

I think the paracord slings are a great idea! I havent used one, but I've seen them available, I'm interested in seein more of them!

I have a few things, which I'll dive into more as I set up more posts in this section, but my favorite for range/hunting/hd is my single point sling. I have a Botach bungee with QR buckle and the ITW MASH hook. I have to get my reviews moved to this section yet...

I also have a Specter Gear 2 point with a Mossberg specific front plate adapter on the magazine tube. That as well as the Botach are both made in the US. The quality is above expectation, and both have been enjoyed in the field for hunting!

I'll get more details up, but spending time with the fam for now! ;)

I have a sinlge point on my 500 that I hunt birds with. I bought the sling and the adapter plate from a friend for $20 combined so I do not know the brand.

Hunting birds/pheasant in Connecticut is nothing like walking fields of corn for them. Here we climb big hills (My clubs property) the single point sling is the best way to get me and the 500 up the hills!

Really love the set-up!

LTB, I agree about the single point for hunting!

We dont have hills and stuff to climb, but really just natural movement makes carry with a traditional hands free sling like American or African carry difficult as it wants to move and slide off your shoulder.

For me, I work with my dog and am constantly moving, recalling my girl, kneeling petting, and signaling. The single point sling is the way to go as it stays put and the gun still shoulders quickly. I can go totally hands free to move and track, to get to my transmitter or whistle, and interact with my dog whether just to love on her or get her water and to retrieve birds from her.

Here's an easy way to make one....

R7Xdil.jpg

I have a standard sling on my 590. It does have a quick slide feature to it. That way you can adjust the length with one hand. I have a Viking Tactics 2 point on order too.

I have a paracord sling on my shotgun.
I have a leather military rifle sling on my Savage 7mm.
I haven't gotten a sling for my AR or .22LR yet.

I have an A-Tac single point sling for my shorty made by Outdoor Connection in Waco Texas. Tested to 800 pounds has a H-K type of hook.

Only problems with para-cord for a sling to me is it would be too uncomfortable on extended treks, not easy to readjust the length and it you use it a lot and get a lot of wear, the para-cord may not be suitable to use in an emergency.

nasa said:
I have an A-Tac single point sling for my shorty made by Outdoor Connection in Waco Texas. Tested to 800 pounds has a H-K type of hook.

Only problems with para-cord for a sling to me is it would be too uncomfortable on extended treks, not easy to readjust the length and it you use it a lot and get a lot of wear, the para-cord may not be suitable to use in an emergency.
how often do you adjust the length of your slings assuming the adjustment isn't slipping?
I made my sling as wide as possible and still fit flat in the sling ends. the para-cord sling sling isn't right for every application, but for a shotgun that just needs to be carried, I feel its a good choice. And while para-cord may not be suitable in an emergency, its better than using a vine.

I use a padded VTac sling with a Elzetta ZSM mount with a quick disconnect on the front and the VTac buttstock adapter on the rear.
Cheers...

I run a rocky mountain tactical delta sling. Awesome! Super high quality, quick adjust. And can be set up for 2 point, single point, or single point attached to the d rings on a tactical vest.

Free shipping, great price.

I will continue to run only RMT slings.

4c445b10-315f-49a0.jpg

I use Gear Sector and OSOE nylon slings. You won't get better product, service, and price. For leather, I use Turner. I do run a GI sling on a few guns at times, depending on what I'm doing.

sbshogue.jpg

gggslingplate2.jpg

miplatehkhook.jpg

sbs590a1sf.jpg

gearsectorasp.jpg

100_3689.jpg

100_2643.jpg

100_2627.jpg

100_2628.jpg

100_2637.jpg

100_2644.jpg

100_2623.jpg

100_2645.jpg

100_2634.jpg

100_1215.jpg

100_1210.jpg

100_1213.jpg

930spxnobwm.jpg

m24bobro2wm.jpg

M24, great pics with lots of detail, Thank You for those!

Is the 2pt bungee that converts to a single (or 3pt?) an OSOE? Also, the SAP on the freefloated handguard on your rifle, is that Gear Sector?

Thanks Ross. The convertible sling is an OSOE bungee sling. They have a newer version that I haven't reviewed yet. it has a slightly different hardware system.
The hardware on my rifle is Gear Sector.

Cool, Thanks!

I have a Specter Gear which is nice with the wrap around stock adapter. Only thing I have a problem with at times is its interference with cheek weld. Good sling, plenty solid and durable with quick and easy adjustment, and made in the US.

I moved my single point bungee from Botach with ITW MASH hook to my rifle, but it still isnt what I want...

I always appreciate everyones contributions and info provided!

I use a Limbsaver Kodiak and Kodiak Lite sling on my guns. It is not affected by cold, wet,hot, or anything. It doesn't slip off, and most importantly, it feels like a dream on my shoulder. There is a Navcom grip at the bottom that makes it so comfy to hold onto during long hikes.
093.jpg

I like it man!

Personally, I've liked hunting with a single point. I can drop my gun and it stays close, ready to bring up, but the biggest advantage is bein able to handle my dog without it fallin off my shoulder.

Still on the topic of slings, but not specifically hunting, I'm lookin at the ARMS Swan Sling, convertible from 2 pt to single pt... looks nice and is a competitor in my mind anyway to the SOE bungee and Gear Sector.

Back