• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Which Picatinny swivel mount bipod adapter

Which one would you suggest I get.

• DoubleStar

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • YankeHill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nasa

.270 WIN
My Bipod is kinda fair to midland but the picatinny swivel mount is of extremely poor quality.

I was thinking on one of the following. Anyone got an Opinion?

Yankee Hill Machine Picatinny Rail Mounted Bipod Adapter

DoubleStar Picatinny Rail Mounted Bipod Adapter

Attachments

• YankeHill.jpg
    YankeHill.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Doublestar.jpg
    Doublestar.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 173
What gun will this be going on? I have used the ERGO picatinny swivel mount adaptor but that is the only one.

I want to put it on my 835 using a tri-rail mounted between the barrel and a magazine extension along with a rifled barrel and 3 power scope. I had it on my 88. If I get two good swivel mounts, I could use it where ever I want. It's just that the mount I have is poor. It would require a lot of work to make this POS fit properly on the picatinny rail. I suspect it may have been designed for a weaver rail. Is this right, that the weaver rail is a little thinner than the picatinny?

Well no notice or no opinion on which one so I'm going with the DoubleStar with the 3 screws. It looks simular to the mount on my laser and have had no problem with it getting loose and the DoubleStar looks like it might fit Weaver or Picatinny rails. The one that came with the bi-pod is just like a PROMAG PM108A SLING SWIVEL RAIL ADAPTER, with only one screw and does not fit the tri-rail properly. The ERGO picatinny swivel mount adaptor will not work because there is not enough area for the base of the bi-pod to sit.

Falcon/Ergo looks pretty solid. Might consider them in the future. I like the cam lock. The single screw bothers me. I have similar screws on my quick point and they did loosen while shooting magnum loads. Was worried about over tightening the screws and I don't want to use lock tight because I want to maintain easy versatility. The cam lock might be less apt to loosen.

Back