• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

which sight?

I recently bought a new 88 security model with 18" barrel, I am wanting to change the front sight. I don't have any special tools to do anything fancy. I have narrowed my sights down to 4 models. The Mossberg front sight with white bead, Hi Viz Spark 2, Hi Viz Spark 3, and the Hi Viz tactical snap on sight with metal insert. Which one of these would be best?, also if y'all have a better choice please let me know. Thanks

It would probably help us help you if you attached some pics of the sights you are considering...

here are the other two. I accidently hit post before loading them.

Attachments

• sp4.jpg
    sp4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 2
  • sp5.jpg
    sp5.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2
I like the sp2. The issue you must deal with is I'll assume you want to install the new bead in the old hole. You'll need to get something compatible with Maverick 88/Mossberg 500 bead threads. I don't have the thread size and pitch readily available but someone here might...

I like the sp2. The issue you must deal with is I'll assume you want to install the new bead in the old hole. You'll need to get something compatible with Maverick 88/Mossberg 500 bead threads. I don't have the thread size and pitch readily available but someone here might...
All the Hi Viz screw in sights come with all the screws sizes from the manufactures. I think on the package it says Mossberg is 5-40.

Back