• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Will Obama try to outlaw guns?

I outlined where I feel this is going in one of my earlier posts. I know its lengthy and I apologize, but my jaw drops everytime I read and hear another piece of this. Its insanity!

Heres something from George Washington;
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
-- George Washington

I feel so much of our freedom depends on the ability of civilians to keep arms. Restrictions and bans on certain firearms or all firearms will not stop evil.

Just watched the vid, thanks for posting the linky thingy.

Now, much of what he mentioned takes place already with background checks. Criminals arent supposed to be able to by firearms from the LGS, neither are those with a history of mental dissorder.

I do however take issue with the comments about AK's in the hands of soldiers and not the hands of criminals... well I dont have a problem with criminals not having them, and really he didnt say anything about citizens with no criminal background...

But I do take issue with bans on things like AK's. They already have to be neutered, degendered. Same with an M14 and like firearms. If any of these can be banned, then others may follow closely.

People are scared and many will be willing to go along with this sort of nonsense right now.

Liberty for safety, you'll deserve neither.

Rossignol said:
I feel so much of our freedom depends on the ability of civilians to keep arms
It’s the sole reason we haven’t been invaded in the past, probably the reason we aren’t being invaded today. You think the government wants to give up that little security blanket?
They will do things and sometimes take drastic measures like “bans” just so they can say they are doing something. politics, lies whatever you want to call it here we still stand …..armed with the weapons and magazine capacities of our choosing ,record gun sales, record conceal carry permits, firearms manufacture turning away business in a recession they have so much backorder they can’t keep up, employing thousands of Americans , scaring away entire armies. Guns aren’t going anywhere….

Rossignol said:
Restrictions and bans on certain firearms or all firearms will not stop evil.
Or the government. They will do what they want…..they would do more but we have guns, the trade off for the security blanket we provide because nothing is free of a trade off afterall.

Well he mentioned AK’s don’t belong in criminal hands and on the streets……..you don’t agree ?

Here are some other quotes from the article. It is forked tongue polotics , its just what people choose to bring out of it.
“But Obama also offered a nod to the difficult politics of gun control, portraying himself as a believer in the individual right to bear arms,”Obama said

"And I, like most Americans, believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual the right to bear arms. And we recognize the traditions of gun ownership that passed on from generation to generation -— that hunting and shooting are part of a cherished national heritage," he said.

"It's up to us, as parents and as neighbors and as teachers and as mentors, to make sure our young people don't have that void inside them," he said.

Then again this all comes from the media, the enemy of the people , the reason things get blown out and masters of the exchange of wrong information. Its entertainment and has become another form of reality TV

The more people get freaked out about this the worse for us. It’s not like they are going door to door collecting everyone’s AK’s. Not only is it logistically impossible but it would mean civil war. A risk they cannot take or support. If you own it they wont take it……they may make it difficult and impossible to obtain new with high cost but if you can afford it you can have it because it all comes down to money anyway …….then people will resort to the black market.

I think he mentioned AK's since many Americans associate them with muslim terrorists. He also add the part about them on the street and in the hands of criminals because who would want that. The part though about them only belonging on a battlefield tells me that he doesn't want the average American to have them. He and Holder have stated their belief that the '94 ban should be brought back.

I think he's lying through his teeth that he believes the 2nd ammendment grants an individual right. Both his SCOTUS nominees, Kagen and Sotamayor, voted against it being a personal right in the DC case.

Then again this all comes from the media, the enemy of the people
Great line and I couldn't agree more.

The president said, "A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals -- that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities,"

I don't agree. My AKs belong on the street next to me at all times. As far as criminal hands go, the same can be said about a knife, drug, glock, or baseball bat. (where do we draw the line?) To associate any tool with criminals, maligns those of us law abiding citizens that own said tool.

Catrina in New Orleans showed that the government, whether local or federal, will in fact go door to door to specifically confiscate weapons. Many people's rightfully owned firearms were confiscated and they have yet to get them back. Friends in New Orleans have told me that the police and national guard knocked on their doors and specifically asked about weapons ownership.

I also believe that people "need a fire struck under their feet in order to get them moving". If outrage over this stirs people to action in order to protect our rights, then this is what we need.

Oli, you are "spot on" with the media comment. :)

J.L. said:
The president said, "A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals -- that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities,"

I don't agree. My AKs belong on the street next to me at all times. As far as criminal hands go, the same can be said about a knife, drug, glock, or baseball bat. (where do we draw the line?) To associate any tool with criminals, maligns those of us law abiding citizens that own said tool.

Guns are a tool. I have no problems with myself, or my neighbors who own firearms of any kind.

I have neighbors that own guns too. You know what, I could lay down and leave my door unlocked if I wanted to. And to be perfectly honest, sometimes have forgotten to lock them.

I actually sleep pretty good knowing that my neighbors own guns (including what some would call assault rifles----not that it matters what kind they are, or what you call them).

I have lived in this very neighborhood for almost 4 decades and was mostly raised here. It is not a false sense of security. I know what peace is. I live it every day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f7nGWPvnKw[/youtube]

John, I used to feel the same way. I have lived in this same home for 20 years. I was the first to move into the area when it was developed. I was lulled into a false sense of security. Most of the homes built afterwards were occupied by lawyers, teacher, and law enforcement. It is a small neighborhood but already there have been problems. One of the neighbors kids was shot in the head right in front of their home. He survived, but the road has been long and hard for him. A month ago, a state patrol officer discharged his duty weapon in an effort to frighten his girlfriend into not leaving him. This happened 3 houses down from mine. (we all know bullets don't care about boarders and fences.) Just 2 weeks ago I confronted 3 men in my backyard. They came face to face with my AK and left running. There have been an increased number of home invasions in South Texas. These are due to increased cartel violence/activity, yet the local police chief and sheriff contend that there is no spill over violence from Mexico. One day I will create an oasis of safety like you live in.

J.L. said:

I don't agree. My AKs belong on the street next to me at all times.
I know what you are saying , but your taking the statement a little too literal. You know he meant “on the streets” not “on the streets” lol

J.L. said:
As far as criminal hands go, the same can be said about a knife, drug, glock, or baseball bat. (where do we draw the line?) To associate any tool with criminals, maligns those of us law abiding citizens that own said tool.
Well that’s a matter of opinion …..who is a criminal that is. One man’s criminal is another man’s hero. Of course you can say that about any weapon or non weapon that can kill someone……hell I can kill 75% of people I meet on a normal day with my bare hands. The line has been drawn a long time ago by our forefathers, we just need to support it .

J.L. said:
Catrina in New Orleans showed that the government, whether local or federal, will in fact go door to door to specifically confiscate weapons. Many people's rightfully owned firearms were confiscated and they have yet to get them back. Friends in New Orleans have told me that the police and national guard knocked on their doors and specifically asked about weapons ownership.
No disrespect but do you think your friend was a fool for giving it up? THAT is the mentality we need to watch, resistance is not futile anyone can buy a gun but you can’t buy an eff you attitude with a smile on my face I have no problem lieing to protect what I think is right…..sorry but it’s the truth, I would deny it to the end , interesting to find out who people are when the chips are down.
That was one city, under siege, utterly destroyed and I bet you money they didn’t get all the guns because the smart people didn’t give them up.
There is no way no how the government could collect the offensive firearms in this country…..especially with the social media and communication options these days , just one stupid tweet would have the entire country hiding their weapons, and the extreme groups locking and loading. I bet half the folks they would have to tap into for such a grand endeavor would refuse the assignment.

J.L. said:
I also believe that people "need a fire struck under their feet in order to get them moving". If outrage over this stirs people to action in order to protect our rights, then this is what we need.
Me too, we are on the same side brother.
The thing is outrage is not needed IMO. Calm, rational action, support and when the time comes resistance. No one need to be outraged to stand up for something….focus and determination are much better , action and not words. I am so sensitive to propaganda, I just hate the group mentality of this entire thing. “ Obama is going to take our guns” rabble rabble….Its not near that simple.

J.L. said:
Oli, you are "spot on" with the media comment. :)
Unfortunately……I have to deal with them a lot on a local level and they are only interested in disaster and they cant wait till it happens so they can be the first to report it wrong……scare people into a panic.The only other people allowed to be that wrong and retain their jobs is a meteorologist… :lol:

oli700 said:
John A. said:
I know what peace is. I live it every day.

Simple man my brother....

I know I'm not alone.

You or I wouldn't have it any other way and if it was, we'd never be satisfied or content.

It's a conscience and deliberate decision.

Ah yes, I had seen that! While he didnt give much either way as far as what he thought was or wasnt constitutional (indicating he may believe or expect something to be brought up for a ruling in the future) he did say some restrictions may certainly be constitutional.

It does to a large sense piss me off that you have a group of people...POTUS, Senators, House Reps etc that will tell you and I the "Common Folk" that we should not have this or that, in this case guns or high cap magazines because they are going to make things "safe" for us. All the while they are surrounded and protected by private security, LE or military with the same magazines and firearms they portray as evil. So what I'm understanding from that general thought process is that its good enough to save their sorry asses but heaven forbid John Q Public uses the same tools to protect himself, his family, neighbors or complete strangers from the very evil that is a day to day threat. The whole thing stinks....just like Obamacare......we the politicians did this for you...and since its such a good thing we exempted ourselves.
And before someone brings up the arguement that military and LEO's are trained professionals I'm going to go ahead and say that I know alot of people who have had training that far exceeds the classes given to local LEO's and military. Not to mention there are alot of the affore mentioned "professionals" that I wouldn't trust with a BB gun.

Good points, good post. I agree and they tend to exempt themselves from a gret deal of things they put on the rest of us to bear.

I'll go as far to say many of us who own such firearms and magazines, are plenty qualified and competent.

Consider the days of WWI and WWII, the best riflemen and snipers weren't those who were highly trained but those that were poor hunting types from farms and the backwoods. I know technology has changed much of this but many of us shoot for sport and hunting regularly and are very competent with the firearms we own. We are also very safety minded law abiding citizens.

Great post Towmaster and I couldn't agree more. The do as I say not as I do liberals are the worst from the politicians right on down to the clowns like Rosie O'Donnel (protected by armed guards) or Streisand and her 6 mpg motorhome she goes shopping in so she doesn't have to use public toilets.

Rossignol, don't forget the American Revolution where the best shooters fought with rifles they used to put food on the table. Most on the Continental Army had their own musket and they were far more accurate and deadly with them the Brits with their smooth bores.

carbinemike said:
Rossignol, don't forget the American Revolution where the best shooters fought with rifles they used to put food on the table. Most on the Continental Army had their own musket and they were far more accurate and deadly with them the Brits with their smooth bores.

Excellent point, civilian riflemen and marksman have been around as long as the gun and by virtue of havin to put food on the table they were and have been among the finest to ever handle or fire a gun. It has always been this way.

Back