• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Will the 4x4 fit a Boyd's atr stock?

Hey again everyone,

so although my camera phone is not very good, I think you can see the setup good enough. Nothing special, just the standard laminate and a Nikon pro staff.

Attachments

• 1002131824-1.jpg
    1002131824-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 574
Mr Dig...

If you have the ability, I would return it and go with a savage 111. you can put much more aftermarket options on it and they have superb accuracy. but, I'm sticking with this for at least this season because I have it and it shoots well enough.

I'm pretty sure it won't fit directly. I have an '06 ATR and a .338 4x4. The rear action screw of the 4x4 is 1/8" further back than on the ATR. This bolt hole in the Boyds stock could either be filed oblong with something like a chainsaw file wrapped in sandpaper, or it could be filled with a dowel and re-drilled 1/8" further back. The next issue is that the Boyds stock will need to be adapted to the 4x4 magazine. The magazine is what holds in the rounds and lets them feed up into the action smoothly on the 4x4. The action itself is machined too wide where it meets the magazine to hold/feed the rounds if the magazine isn't present. One could possibly get around this by cutting two thin strips of sheet metal in the correct shape to simulate the top of the plastic 4x4 magazine and securely gluing those to the bottom of the 4x4 action opening, then use the ATR integral magazine parts to finish it up.

well folks,

I have decided to relieve myself of the 4x4. I found that it just wasn't capable of producing the same consistency of a Savage 111. I do not hope to offend anyone here, and my apologies if I have done so. I picked up a 111 hunter XP in .270 WIN and mated it with a boyd's forest camo stock. It feels much less like a toy and shoots much more consistent groups. I know that many folks are set on their brands.

Good luck in your endeavors friends...my travels have let me to Savage.

Congrats on your new Savage. Sorry the Mossy didn't work out for ya.

We like and talk all firearms here. You get a chance post a pic of your new Savage.
viewforum.php?f=73

Count me in on this crew... Trading for a .308 4x4 hopefully this weekend!
$200 is steep for a stock in my eyes but... DAAAAANNNNGGG! Sharp looking for sure!

Back