• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Will you ever feel that your gun collection is complete?

John A said:
Having a dedicated room is just their way of getting more of the rest of the house LOL

Funny how that works, when she moved in I said she do do what she wants as as far as decorating but I am keeping the basmeent for a man cave......now the basement has more of her stuff than mine. It's a gradual change one day you wake up and wonder where all the "man" space went. LOL

MikeD said:
It's a gradual change one day you wake up and wonder where all the "man" space went. LOL

That "man" space is kept in a wife's purse along with our pride and ability to make even the simplest of decisions on our own... :lol:

NOPE, as long as they continue to print money and make guns my task continues. Check out my sig line, those were bought in the last 12 months alone except the M&P 40 that was agency issued.

You and me both Ben!! I just need to work a little more to get some more "gun money"....

Looks like I am right at the same pace as you Ben. In December, my brother gave me my first gun Ruger MKIII .22) and now since January, I bought (in order) a S&W 642, Mossy 500, Springfield XD, and now yesterday I got my 1911. I will be getting an AK in May.

Edit to add-
I forgot about my Mosin Nagant! I got it aft my Mossy and before the XD.

I can't see owning less than 150 guns; well maybe not 150 but a lot lol. I have an ever growing collection that will greatly expand this year now that I will have more time to enjoy them. My gf is a real keeper and has added 3 to my collection in the past 6 months. I feel very blessed.

1289.jpg

Waiting for my FFL to call about the arrival of my new summer pocket pistol / BUG any day now. Taurus 709 SLIM 9mm 7rd Blue Slide - on sale at Palmetto State Armory for an impressive $269.99! 3" barrel, 7+1 rounds & 19 oz. A striker with a thumb safety makes the pocket a viable option. :D

"There are 550 million firearms on this planet, that's one firearm for every 12 people.... The question is how do we arm the other 11" from the movie the Lord of War. I know the answer.... Just join Mossberg Owners.com and we will show you how. ;)

Congrats on your new 709 Slim mingaa!

Be sure to post up some pics of that little booger in our Taurus thread when you get your hands on it...

BenSamp said:
"There are 550 million firearms on this planet, that's one firearm for every 12 people.... The question is how do we arm the other 11" from the movie the Lord of War.

Good movie, and good quote. I vote though we just arm America, and leave the others unarmed!

BenSamp said:
"There are 550 million firearms on this planet, that's one firearm for every 12 people....

I know a few folks who are ahead of the curve then.

I have heard other numbers thrown out there over the years. Most recently, the Pelosi club had a report that stated only 1 in every 3 Americans owned a gun, which was trying to put a spin on it to say that gun owners are the minority.

But my logic to that is if a national disaster took place, 2/3rd of the population would be in panic, while the other 1/3rd of the population would only be mildly annoyed.

Is it really only 1/3? I had read before that about half of Americans own a gun, yet only about 5% of Americans legally carry them daily.

I remember watching a western movie one time a long time ago. I can only remember this one part of the movie.

"They say someone who owns a gun is afraid of something or someone.
[lots of snickering and giggling in the background]

You must be afraid of everything and everyone"
[snickers turn to loud laughter]
----------------

[The guy looks around at everyone in the eye waiting for the laughter to die down]

On the contrary, I ain't afraid of nothin or nobody'."
[room goes quiet]

mingaa said:
1289.jpg

Waiting for my FFL to call about the arrival of my new summer pocket pistol / BUG any day now. Taurus 709 SLIM 9mm 7rd Blue Slide - on sale at Palmetto State Armory for an impressive $269.99! 3" barrel, 7+1 rounds & 19 oz. A striker with a thumb safety makes the pocket a viable option. :D

Mine ain't sleek, pretty or sexy looking. But my 709 Slim has rode the rapids with me for a few years now. Out of the box, I found it had a good crisp trigger and an incredible trigger reset for follow-up shots.

Taurus-709-on-vest.jpg

Before I bought mine I first shot a G26, a SIG, a Ruger, a Kel-Tec and this pistol. This one came home. I have been (for practice/training) reloading a crapload of jacketed and lead ammo, with different OALs, different bullet weights, different powder charges. And it ALWAYS Fed/Fired/Ejected and started over, kinda like a stoopid revolver unfailingly ready for the next round.

If you, like me, are going out your door and partially trusting your life to what a sidearm can provide, (it's the archer... not the arrow) then I believe you made a very good choice.

Nice vest setup. Yeah - I was looking for something smaller than my Kahr CW9 - something I could pocket and some of the micros were too small and IMHO too $$$. I wanted to like the Ruger but the trigger didn't do it. I've had Kel Tecs and though I hear they are improving -same thing. Had 'em and sold em. The Taurus was not on my list but once I saw it in stores I liked what I saw. They borrowed a good bit from Glock. Works for me (stealing from a good source!) and the manual safety (something that I am not fond of) does make it a viable pocket pistol if I go that way. Glad to hear that you like it - so often it's only the complainers that take the time to speak up!!

Why am I only just now reading this? :shock:

Will my collection ever be complete? I dont see how... I think there will always be "the one I wanna get next".

I have a short list. And a wish list. Both change from time to time. As of right now, I want another hand gun, Mossberg 930, and bolt action rifle. To me, that would feel "complete" but only for the time being. Right behind all that, I want another 590 for some reason.

Back