• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Women & pistol purses

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
This is a question for y'all who have a female(s) in your life. As I've mentioned before, MS passed a so called "purse carry" law recently that took effect about a week ago. Essentially it is now legal to carry a loaded weapon in public in a purse or other "case" without having to get a concealed carry permit ($$).

So the question which I'd like y'all to ask your wife, etc. is what their opinions are on the purses specifically designed to carry a pistol along with all the other stuff they pack around. Women often choose their purses based on style, season, color, capacity, convenience, etc. , so I'd like their opinions about any of the "pistol purses" they may have looked at, or own, and where they might have bought one they were pleased with. Xmas is coming up. ;)

Last edited:
Christ Gunny...July 4th was 2 days ago...

Don't rush me into Christmas already.... :rolleyes:

My wife says all the pistol purses she's ever seen look hideous. From what I see if you can't park a VW bug in one it's too small for her anyway. Bout the same with my Mom.

...however...in both cases, neither would carry a firearm in their purse anyway as it's typically the first thing a mugger or attacker would grab. Both holster their sidearms on their person...

Yeah I have to agree, off body carry, although comfortable is a bad idea. If some POS grabs her purse, not only are you out the contents, but you have just armed some thug. My wife took quite a while to get used to on body carry, but your firearm will do you no good if someone immediately takes it from you.

Yeah I have to agree, off body carry, although comfortable is a bad idea. If some POS grabs her purse, not only are you out the contents, but you have just armed some thug. My wife took quite a while to get used to on body carry, but your firearm will do you no good if someone immediately takes it from you.
^I couldn't agree more

I think a purse is a great place for a full size backup like a 1911, FNX Tactical, or hell, even something along the lines of a 6" S&W PC .357 in the event you do have the time to retrieve it. Which in spite of all most think they know about a gunfight, here in the real world as opposed the fantastic narratives some may have run through their head, you probably wont is the unfortunate reality. A concealed handgun on your person is the most logical and practical practice for self defense in my opinion.
That said, my wife has two conceal purses, neither of which she likes. She also has a CHL but her problem is she's 4' 11" and prints with just about anything. I know, I know, dress around your weapon is what y'all are about to say right? You're preaching to the choir brother. My wife isn't of that mindset.
My brother in law got one for her a while back and I recently got her the other in hopes that now she may actually start carrying a gun. The one I got looks super cool to me, but she says its to hick for her because it looks very western. I like it and coolest thing is if you shoot through it, the manufacturer will replace it free for life.

^I couldn't agree more

I think a purse is a great place for a full size backup like a 1911, FNX Tactical, or hell, even something along the lines of a 6" S&W PC .357 in the event you do have the time to retrieve it. Which in spite of all most think they know about a gunfight, here in the real world as opposed the fantastic narratives some may have run through their head, you probably wont is the unfortunate reality. A concealed handgun on your person is the most logical and practical practice for self defense in my opinion.
That said, my wife has two conceal purses, neither of which she likes. She also has a CHL but her problem is she's 4' 11" and prints with just about anything. I know, I know, dress around your weapon is what y'all are about to say right? You're preaching to the choir brother. My wife isn't of that mindset.
My brother in law got one for her a while back and I recently got her the other in hopes that now she may actually start carrying a gun. The one I got looks super cool to me, but she says its to hick for her because it looks very western. I like it and coolest thing is if you shoot through it, the manufacturer will replace it free for life.
A 1911 is a pretty ambitious backup. What are you carrying if a 1911 is not considered the primary?

My wife says most of them are hideous as well but does like the distressed buffalo that Gun Totem Mamas has. Not sure which style she likes though.

My wife carries cross body in a leather concealed carry purse from Gun Tote'n Mamas, GTM-23.

It has both side zippered access plus fast draw top access. The strap is wire reinforced and slash resistant.
It has a holster held in place with strong velcro.

She carries either a compact M&P or EC9S.
The way she dresses doesn't accommodate a gun belt and IWB/OWB carry.
She doesn't like belly bands so off body purse carry it is.
She is comfortable and capable with it and at least she has her gun with her.

Back