• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpening System

Tried it out today. This thing is amazing. Even restored the edge on a ceramic blade.

Yes I could might be able to put a finer edge on with the Lansky but not in the short amount of it took to use this. I'm fine with that.

Suggestions on the best marketed version as far as features/accessories, or the best packing list?

I know. I am being lazy.

Suggestions on the best marketed version as far as features/accessories, or the best packing list?

I know. I am being lazy.
I just bought the base system with an addition belt pack and the additional diamond belts (for ceramic blades).

My original worksharp. Been thinking of upgrade to one like yall have. I bet much quicker than my old monster. It has 3 stones just rotate assembly. 1493567651964-15939317.jpg

Resurrecting an old thread here, but I got the Worksharp last month as a birthday present. I like it. It puts a real decent edge on my Buck folder faster than it takes to pull it out, attach the right guide and plug it in. It makes quick work of kitchen knives as well, it only takes a minute or two longer to change the belt back and forth for honing. Will see how long it lasts but overall it does a good job. I noticed the top wheel, the one that you push down and turn to allow belt changes seems to get very warm, quite quickly which gives me a little concern for longevity. Other than that, very pleased.

15850991071522353119869359594185.jpg
Resurrecting an old thread here, but I got the Worksharp last month as a birthday present. I like it. It puts a real decent edge on my Buck folder faster than it takes to pull it out, attach the right guide and plug it in. It makes quick work of kitchen knives as well, it only takes a minute or two longer to change the belt back and forth for honing. Will see how long it lasts but overall it does a good job. I noticed the top wheel, the one that you push down and turn to allow belt changes seems to get very warm, quite quickly which gives me a little concern for longevity. Other than that, very pleased.
Yes sir its old , I actually purchased the Ko worksharp back in 2018. I also love it. I dont use on mybreally fine blades but for workhorses and kitchen blades its good. Its great for tools is my fav use, axes shovels machetes etc... Makes short work. I also tinker with homemade blades on occasion and it really helps put a proper edge on from scratch. Mines been used pretty hard for 2 years , main recommendation is practice on scrap and buy LOTS of spare belts.

Attachments

• 1585099048214350181022633153578.jpg
    1585099048214350181022633153578.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 22795

Yes sir its old , I actually purchased the Ko worksharp back in 2018. I also love it. I dont use on mybreally fine blades but for workhorses and kitchen blades its good. Its great for tools is my fav use, axes shovels machetes etc... Makes short work. I also tinker with homemade blades on occasion and it really helps put a proper edge on from scratch. Mines been used pretty hard for 2 years , main recommendation is practice on scrap and buy LOTS of spare belts.

I have the base unit. I love it. Before I practiced I ground a nice point off one blade and left a rounded tip. Now I don't even use the guide plate. Just freehand it after lots of practice. I bought lots of extra belt kits and some red jewelers rouge. That work Sharp with a fine belt and rouge makes my ESEE-3 sharper than I have ever been able to sharpen any knife in my life.

Glad you brought it back up. I was thinking about asking one for Christmas, or just getting one myself. As much as I like sitting down to sharpen a blade, I just never find time. So I have lots of dull blades.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Back