• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

WTS: SBE Precision Products Mossberg 930 (Pistons, Followers, Mag Extension Caps)

First of all I do not have one of these followers so this is just my opinion from reading this thread. The SBE Precision follower does not look like it will change the number of rounds in your mag tube. It just replaces the 930 factory follower with a sexier one. Purchase one and check it out in the 930. Also try and install it in the 590 and see if it works. If it does buy another. I purchased a number of aftermarket mag followers from MCARBO. The followers worked great in the 500 series pump guns but not that great in my 930 shotguns.

Thanks, I went ahead and got one from SBE for my 930 as you suggested. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, I went ahead and got one from SBE for my 930 as you suggested. I'll let you know how it goes.
Could only fit six shells in with the comp./tac. follower in. Shouldn't have the issue with the follower that doesn't have the spring guide. SBE is being very cool about the exchange.

Could only fit six shells in with the comp./tac. follower in. Shouldn't have the issue with the follower that doesn't have the spring guide. SBE is being very cool about the exchange.
Does your 930 SPX have a little white plastic piece that goes on the magazine extension side of the magazine spring? I think is for protecting the inside surface of the plastic magazine extension.

Does your 930 SPX have a little white plastic piece that goes on the magazine extension side of the magazine spring? I think is for protecting the inside surface of the plastic magazine extension.
Yes it does. When plastic piece removed, 7 rounds of 2 3/4" shels fit with the SBE pro/tac follower and feed perfectly. After switching back to the stock follower with the plastic piece, I had severe hangups in my mag tube which I was trying to prevent by ordering the follower in the first place.

So. Get rid of the white plastic piece and problem solved? Instead of the little white plastic piece you can file the end of the spring smooth and the take a pair of needle nose pliers and bend it in so it won’t cause any damage.

Last edited:
Fantastic! Let us know how things go.
Everything went well! Found out my 930 doesn't like low-fps home defense 00 buckshot, but had nothing to do with the new follower. First time firing those rounds, had empty shells get stuck while ejecting. Haven't had that issue with any other rounds. Good to know to keep them in my 590 from now on.

Doubt there's any damage to the mag tube from the spring after firing 40-50 rounds but will let you know next time I break her down.

Last edited:
atxchillin. Good news regarding your range day. Most semi automatic Shotguns prefer the higher charge shells. Maybe your 930 will do better with the lighter shells once the break in period is over. Shoot the higher charge shells until you start to see hiccups then you can determine your cleaning interval.

Oh wow! On it now! Thanks for the heads up!

Hey, on the website it says "ring not included"... does that mean we transfer the stock ring to it or what?

I purchased one of the pistons and it shipped to me very quickly. Received it yesterday. Looks great. I also ordered the coated outer seal ring from Mossberg. The outer seal ring is about $19 with shipping. Can’t wait to get this installed and tested.

Reactions: SYC
I purchased one of the pistons and it shipped to me very quickly. Received it yesterday. Looks great. I also ordered the coated outer seal ring from Mossberg. The outer seal ring is about $19 with shipping. Can’t wait to get this installed and tested.
Mine arrived the other day as well. SBE usually ships very promptly if they have stuff in stock, weeks back I ordered their anodized, teflon coated follower and it showed up quickly too.

Back