For any Canadians here that have signed or will be signing any official government e-petitions....Be sure to check your email inbox AND junk mail folders for the validation email that follows signing.Please check email for confirmation
We, the undersigned, residents and citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
- The Government of Canada and Minister of Public Safety have introduced Bill C-21, which includes sections that would prohibit the overwhelming majority of airsoft guns from sale in Canada and many paintball markers;
- Bill C-21's ban on the sale of airsoft guns will cause hundreds of small businesses to close overnight, leaving thousands unemployed and without a source of income;
- Bill C-21 will negatively impact the lives of thousands of Canadians who rely on the sale of airsoft guns as a source of income or part of their business revenue;
- Bill C-21 represents some of the most strict rules regarding airsoft in the world;
- Countries with severe gun control measures still allow the possession, sale, and use of airsoft guns; and
- Airsoft and paintball do not represent any risk to public safety, having existed in Canada for decades, and being enjoyed by residents and citizens across Canada and all around the world.
1. Reject Bill C-21 to save the jobs of thousands of Canadians;
2. Fully and unambiguously legalize airsoft and paintball so citizens and residents can continue to purchase and use as sporting equipment
3. Recognize that airsoft and paintball are safe activities that many tens of thousands of Canadians participate in;
4. Recognize that airsoft and paintball do not represent any risk to public safety and banning will not improve public safety; and
5. Not needlessly target law abiding citizens who use airsoft and paintball for sporting purposes.
We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to immediately scrap the May 1, 2020, Order in Council and Bill C-21, and pass legislation that will target criminals, those who illegally obtain firearms, international smuggling operations and fund community-based gun violence prevention programs.
- The Prime Minister seeks to expand his firearms confiscation regime through Bill C-21 and is driving a false narrative against law-abiding firearms owners;
- "Assault rifles", or fully automatic firearms, have been banned in Canada since 1977;
- The term "variant" used in Bill C-21 remains undefined in Canada's firearms framework;
- The list of firearms to be prohibited is arbitrary and not based on functionality or other clear criteria;
- Bill C-21 would ban airsoft guns; effectively ending tactical simulation sports in Canada and cause irreparable economic harm to that industry;
- The majority of firearms used in violent crimes are obtained illegally or are smuggled into Canada and criminals who have illegally obtained firearms will not be impacted by Bill C-21;
- Legal firearms owners in Canada are subject to daily "continuous eligibility screening” to maintain their license;
- Before the May 1, 2020, Order in Council, Canada was already a global leader in comprehensive legislation surrounding responsible and legal private firearms ownership;
- International data demonstrates that confiscation regimes would not stop firearms violence in Canada; and
- The federal government is ignoring community advocates, as well as current and former police officers and executives, who have stated that firearms bans are ineffective.
Gun Ban Canada Ep 6
I hope you and your loved ones are all safe, God bless.