• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Youth Model 100 ATR Question

Cajun1

Copper BB
Hi all,

As I stated in my thread on the Patriot forum, my 11 year old son recently (his money, my help) purchased a slightly used Compact Model ATR 100 in 308. We've shot the rifle several times making sure it was sighted in and he even took his first deer with it earlier this season. We liked the rifle so much that I ended up buying a new Patriot in .308 for myself. (Love it too!)

However, after we purchased I was doing more research and learned of the lawsuits regarding the bolt failures on the ATR's. Were these deemed to be operator error or is there really an issue with these guns? We've had no issues thus far and really like the rifle but, I don't want myself, and my son especially, shooting a gun that could potentially hurt him when he's done everything else correctly. Yes, I know all guns have the potential for a malfunction but I don't want one that is more prone to it. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance that it's okay. Like I said, we've had no issues and everything seems to function as it should. I've had many Mossberg products (mostly shotguns) and have never had the first issue.

Thanks,
Cajun1

Back