• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by jeffcneal

1. J

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Returning to my roots..."The 500" aksavanaman: Sounds great! Can't wait to see them. regards, Jeff
  2. J

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Returning to my roots..."The 500" aksavanaman: That is without a doubt 1 of the best looking 500's I've ever seen in my life. And I've been looking at and using them for a real long time. regards, Jeff
  3. J

Choate Mag Tube Extension Review (updated)

John A.: Message passed with a heart-felt "thanks" in reply. They're all wonderful people who've stuck with me through good times and bad. If they make a product that fits the needs of a project, they get my business every time. regards, Jeff
  4. J

John A.: You have my word that I'll gladly pass it on. regards, Jeff
  5. J

John A. and DHonovich: Choate Machine and Tool Company is located about 60 miles from me. In fact, I'm going up there later this week to pick up some AR components. And you could'nt be more right, neither the people or products can be beat from my experiences. regards, Jeff
  6. J

Maverick 88 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY traviscorley: I agree with LTB45. I usually end up buying Federal, but Remingtons have always worked just as well for me. I've also had great luck with Fiocchi, who actually manufactures most of their loadings here in the States. regards, Jeff
  7. J

Maverick 88 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: Opinions on Hogue All respondents: Again, my sincere thanks for your prayers and good wishes. Please accept my apologies for not saying thanks to oli700, Itsricmo, old mossy, and carbinemike earlier but I've been so busy making holiday plans with my wife and kids. Sounds hokey to some...
  8. J

Maverick 88 Pump Action Forearms

Re: what forend is this??!? dlnp22: Just last week I ordered, received, and installed a 7 5/8" forend tube, castle nut, and forend on my 88 Security 6-shot. If you decide to go that route, let me know and I'll try to dig up the receipt with part numbers. I have however since ordered a Hogue...
  9. J

Re: MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY traviscorley: Wecome to the world of Mossberg pump guns! You'll soon hold an honorary degree in reading vague instruction manuals. All kidding aside, I'm glad you were able to find the problem and I hope the video helped. regards, Jeff
  10. J

Re: Opinions on Hogue All respondents: To all I would like to say a sincere "thank you" for your prayers and good wishes. They've paid off because a half-hour ago I got the call from my oncologist. Yesterdays PET scan showed no hot spots, so I'm through with chemo! I'm told it can take a...
  11. J

Opinions on Hogue Just tried out my 88 Security now that it's all fixed up and discovered that the ribbed forend causes pain to my left hand. Just 1 of the milder side efects of chemo. Now I'm thinking of the Hogue Overmolded stock and forend kit. Has anyone been dis-satisfied with this...
  12. J

Fantastic Q.D. Sling Set-up

LTB45: I wish I knew how. My daughter comes home from college on the 23rd and has said she would show me how. Then everyone will probably get sick of my pics! regards, Jeff
  13. J

Fantastic Q.D. Sling Set-up

Just installed the "Outdoor Connection Magazine Takedown Bolt with Rotating Swivel Base" and included buttstock stud on my Maverick 88 Security gun. This is Outdoor Connection part #TSC-79544 and Brownells part #683-000-015WB. The package claims that it fits both 12 and 20 gauge 500s and 88s...
  14. J

Re: PLUG PROBLEMS traviscorley: Winchester promotional shells are known to have FTF and FTE problems. I've had the same problem with them in Mossbergs, and a friend of mine's found them problematic in his Remington 870 and Ithaca 37's. Field stripping and cleaning is simple and...
  15. J

Maverick 88 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Want a well made gun light +1 for Elzetta. regards, Jeff
Back