• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Choate Mag Tube Extension Review (updated)

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I recently acquired an older Winchester 1300 12 gauge. And since I could, I decided to add the longest mag tube extension that I could find. Which was a 5 rounder from Choate Machine and Tool.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/442139 ... round-blue

I have done business with Choate in the past, and their customer service is second to none. Every time I have ever contacted them about anything, they've always treated me like I was the only customer they had, and little things like that goes a long way with me.

Even when I had trouble with one of their MP5 K folders, they took care of me and gave me a no questions asked replacement free of charge (although I did ship it to them on my dime). But that is not a complaint. I have always been 100% satisfied with them and am glad to be a repeat customer.

Installation of the extended tube is straightforward and is so easy a cave man can do it. It comes with everything you need.

An extended tube and spring, new follower (which I didn't use and will explain why in a minute) and a tube clamp that also incorporates a sling attachment.

Since my particular gun came camo'd from the factory, I had to paint the blued steel tube to match just because I'm OCD like that.

BUT, in order to insert a full 10 rounds in the tube, I had to use the original Winny follower. I tried using the Choate follower and would've preferred it because it is a bright orange, but for the life of me, I could only get 9 rounds in there until I thought to use the OEM follower.

Totally unrelated to the review, I also picked up an extended carlson improved cylinder choke so I can use slugs, and installed a tritium front bead on the vent rib.

Before

winnie1300.jpg

After

winchester1300extendedrightside.jpg

winchester1300extendedfront.jpg

Re: Choate Mag Tube Extension Review

I look forward to hearing your results. I feel the same regarding Choate and their customer service.

Re: Choate Mag Tube Extension Review

Original post updated with the particulars.

John A. and DHonovich:

Choate Machine and Tool Company is located about 60 miles from me. In fact, I'm going up there later this week to pick up some AR components. And you could'nt be more right, neither the people or products can be beat from my experiences.

regards,
Jeff

Right on Jeffcneal.

If it comes up, I don't mind you telling them in person that I appreciate them and how they do business. It's what keeps me coming back.

John A.:

Message passed with a heart-felt "thanks" in reply. They're all wonderful people who've stuck with me through good times and bad. If they make a product that fits the needs of a project, they get my business every time.

regards,
Jeff

Back