• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by mtbkrman

1. M

trouble with new 930 spx

Factory follower....FYI, great response from Nordic comp. Called me next morning and ok'd return of tube. He had a very good point saying the 930 is good depending on the day (or hour) it was made..and that's the big question "QUALITY CONTROL". I asked about the Nordic follower and his reply was...
  2. M

trouble with new 930 spx

OK, i have the 930 PSX newest generation. I had to cut my spring (bits at a time) and now it is flawless even with the "out of true" Choate extension. I feel the main problem is too much initial mag spring tension. The shell release tab spring is waaaay to weak. I removed that part (shell...
  3. M

Mossberg 930 Bolt Stuck Open

Think i'm going to speak with my local smithy and see if its possible to have the rail holes sort of "ovaled" out so the rail has a bit of side to side play and allows the thing to be set a bit left. Again, it drives my brain nuts to see my ghost ring alligned so far to the left.
  4. M

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

AIMPRO!!! installed last week. PERFECT!!!. This is the best. Gets rid of the sloppy cheap mossy forend. I shot it yesterday and again no issues with any type of malfunctions. I did notice mines off about 4 inches to the right at 50 yards. Looking at my front sight it does not appear to be...
  5. M

Yes, it is the same malfunction although I have never had it happen while live firing. Mine happens when I work the bolt with an empty tube. As I said in my 2nd post as long as I am holding the bolt release button in, the malfunction does not happen. Only if I try to use too light of a button...
  6. M

OK, after some time consuming examination I found that if I "press and hold" the bolt release button this malfunction goes away. If I press the button too fast then the "lifter" does it's thing and locks the bolt. This is only with an empty chamber. Haven't had the problem when gun is loaded...
  7. M

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Just to clarify. I use Remington "TAC8* 2 & 3/4 inch 00 buck. These are issued and required for duty use. The actual measurment of this round is 2 & 5/8 inch. Prior to cutting spring my spx would only load 6 in tube. If you decide to go this route just go slow, a little bit at a time and you...
  8. M

Recently purchased, one issue I would like to get resolved. The shotgun has a tendency to have the bolt jam on occasion. Everything looks to be within specs except one thing. After close examination I found that the "feedtray" or the part commonly referred to as the "elevator" has a tendency to...
  9. M

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

OK, the shell size refers to the shell casing before loading and the final crimp. 2 3/4 or 3 inch. Using a micrometer I have found various sizes (and almost always off by a fraction) either longer or shorter. My SPX would sometimes load 6 or 7 depending on shell. I fixed this by cutting about 2...
Back