• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Neon Prime

1. N

Barrel Help Needed

Thanks for the link! Both barrels are chambered for 2-3/4 and 3" the same as my Smooth Bore. I just want to make sure I can use the same ammo without any injury or damage.
  2. N

Barrel Help Needed

The 30" isn't vent-ribbed. Honestly, in hand and compared it looks to be the same length and just as smooth inside as my 24" slug barrel. The seller listed it as a 24" which was the reason I picked it up.
  3. N

Barrel Help Needed

I just checked the 28" it looks like a choke is installed. There's an inner, notched ring fixture inside. There's no inner ring on the 30" and it looks smooth. I'll see if I can find the link. Thanks again!
  4. N

Barrel Help Needed

Thanks for the reply. There weren't any separate chokes included. The 28" came installed with the 30"( listed as a 24" in the description) came on the side. Do I need chokes for these barrels before shooting or are they ready to go with 2-3/4 shells?
  5. N

Barrel Help Needed

Hi. I just picked up a 500 with two barrels. One is stamped 30" Full Choke and the other is stamped 28" Accu Choke. My first 500 was a 24" smooth bore so I was wondering what the difference is and what ammo is safe to use. Still new to this so I'd appreciate some insight.
  6. N

Ammo available in your area.

No problem buying 12 gauge ammo 8-4 birdshot at Walmart until November. Since then all 5 stores I usually hit are wiped out. Nothing but maybe a box or two of 20 gauge. Sadly, I've never even seen any buckshot or slugs since I started buying in August.
  7. N

Hello from Harrisburg,PA

Thanks old mossy, the heat gun tip worked!!! I was able to get the mag cap off and clean the gunk out of the threads. I'm going to try and field strip it this weekend to clean and inspect the insides. Any advice for what to look for? I haven't had the chance to shoot yet and want to make sure...
  8. N

Hello from Harrisburg,PA

Thanks for the welcome and the info.
  9. N

Hello from Harrisburg,PA

Just picked up a used Mossberg 500AB 12 gauge pump in good condition. This is my first gun so I'm trying to learn as much about it as I can. Serial number is G412XXX. The only thing I've done is replace the optics/side saddle studs with Mossberg 500 pin and ejector screw. The magazine tube cap...
Back