• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good evening folks. I went to the doctor today for my follow up and it looks like I'm seeing 20/30 in both eyes now. This is so much better than I have seen anything in the past three decades or more, and I'm just amazed at how much different everything looks.

We got the christmas tree up and decorated yesterday, and I put out the yard ornaments & the spotlight.

I had a late night in the shop building stuff for my 30 gal aquarium. I made an overflow box and siphon, and a 7.5 gal sump with column trickle filter, heaters, pump and refugium.

Unfortunately it had a minor air leak in the siphon bleed and I didn't get it to siphon until this afternoon.

Once I did I discovered that my siphon was too small to keep up with the pump and I'll need to make a larger one.

It looks like they're going to give us another 6 months on this assault gun registration BS, but who knows what will happen then.

The pro and anti 2A lawsuits are flying as thick as Minnesota mosquitoes in the summer.

Good morning all. My girlfriends sister passed away Wednesday night so we are heading to Iowa this afternoon. We'll go halfway today and the rest tomorrow. Visitation is Sunday with the funeral Monday. I think we will stay a couple of days after that.

It's 600 miles , but the weather looks good and the car is ready to go.Anyways, you all have a great day and a better weekend.

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

Another day of cold temperatures...only 24 degrees right now, with a projected high of 27...!!

Thankfully the Christmas shopping is done...

Today's Frozen Icicle...caught mid-drip:

EYoBHwA.jpg

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

Pennsylvania got a few inches of snow yesterday into last night...temps right now are actually above freezing for the first time in days...and the high temp should be around 40 degrees by mid-afternoon !!

So...I leave you with a melting snow picture:

GqEKK7g.jpg

Good morning folks. It's about 40 degrees this morning with a lite fog. Some gardner across the street is trying to mow but it's still a little damp. I hear weed eaters and lawn trimmers firing up around the neighborhood.

Mine was done Wednesday so I'm kicking back with a cup of hot tea, trying to digest the handful of pills that I eat for breakfast every morning.

We have a funeral today as well but it's only about 10 miles from here. A friend's husband passed away after a long, long illness.

I've been experimenting in the garage late at night, with new circulation and filter systems for my aquarium, and this AM I'm yawning.

When I walked into the garage this morning I was greeted with last night's pile of chips and plastic sawdust, so I fired up the Shop-Vac and tried to clean up my mess.

It's time to take everything outside and blow the whole garage out so maybe this weekend I will do that.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners !!

A little cloudy this morning, but it's 31 degrees right now with a projected high of 38 degrees...so, I'm NOT complaining.

And with that...a melting snow icicle :

AkvSw8R.jpg

It's time to take everything outside and blow the whole garage out so maybe this weekend I will do that.

Safety glasses man!!! do not forget to wear them. we wouldn't want them peepers goin to poop so quickly....

Thank you Rip.

Yes I have a couple pair of safety glasses and a full face shield, plus a magnifying Shield over my grinder.

I use them too, just because I'm so used to wearing glasses it's no problem to put them on.

It's different from a guy who has never worn glasses and then you try to make him put on safety glasses all the time.

Frying chicken on the stove? Safety glasses buddy!

Anyhow I got my garage cleaned out and I have built a new weir and siphon setup on my 30 gallon aquarium.
10873.jpeg

This feeds the sump filter system in the cabinet below.

10874.jpeg
This is a totally experimental setup. I've never done anything like this with an aquarium before.

Here are a couple different wiers & siphons that I built for that Aquarium.
10847.jpeg
The first example on the left did not flow enough water and was very noisy. The larger version on the right worked better but required modifications before it was quiet. I used the same little z diverter tube on both of them. The siphon slips in there kind of like the slide on a slide trombone.

This is just a test setup and I hope to build something more attractive in the near future once I figure out the sizes to use and dimensions required to get the tank water level to balance out how I like it.

Since I'm maintaining 3 aquariums and expect to get a fourth going soon, I built this little aquarium maintenance cart out of a harbor freight welding tank cart.

10857.jpeg

I cut 11" out of the axle, and drove the two ends into a steel tube with a big hammer. That tube was once the cluster gear needle bearing spacer on a 59 Edsel 3 speed manual transmission, to be ponderously specific. I don't know why I've kept it all these years but it turned out to have a use after all.

I drilled four holes into the end of the cart and attached it there with the original u-bolts. Then I just reversed the handle so it hangs over the cart and I can use it to lift and steer just like any hand truck.

It's exactly the right size to hold this plastic Hefty 26 gallon bin, and now I can get it through the doors of my house.

Gotta love a day that starts out at 39 degrees...is 49 degrees right now...and may reach 59 before days end...!!

Morning MO's!!

Cooler today than yesterday but still not to bad.

Had to replace the wiper motor in the F350 over the weekend. Still not sure if it was a good purchase....

Busy morning...busier afternoon...enjoy your day !!

Good morning folks.

Yesterday was spent shopping for Christmas, and I have more shopping to do today.

Then the wrapping starts.

Usually I am a lot more stressed out about Christmas shopping but being retired fixes all of that. This year will be a breeze.

Nights here have been in the mid-30s and days have been in the low 60s. The weather has been unusually warm and sunny but all of that is going to change soon. Maybe today because we had a Sprinkle of rain and it is very gloomy this morning.

The snow level in the mountains has come down to 3000 feet but I live at 600 feet elevation so nowhere near that.

Any how you folks in the Snowbelt enjoy the snow and you folks in the Sunbelt enjoy the Sun!

Back