• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Rip, the pen collection is quite impressive!

The shooting was fun and I stayed up quite late cleaning all my guns. I pulled firing pins out and did extra disassembly on ones that I thought needed some improvement.

I did scabble together some photos for a range report but I was up late cleaning guns last night and have not written it yet.

I cannot say enough good things about the Henry .22 Magnum, but I will say more in the range report.

I'm planning for my next important project: an arboretum and winterization of the outdoor aquariums. These things kind of have to be integrated since plants will grow from the aquariums.

United Postal Service?

Or.....what's ups bro?

Uninterruptible Power Supply.
20190911_104947.jpg
The way these modern computers update everything over the web at their own discretion, you need to make sure they are always powered by a battery in case of outage.

If it's doing certain things and the power glitches you could have an unbootable computer. You could have to restore everything from scratch in some cases, which is why they encourage everybody to backup all your data to the cloud.

That could cost a lot if you have a lot of data.

Last edited:
If you guys read back several pages will find where I said this is going to be a bumper crop year for us, and it is.
20190911_063525.jpg
That's just our one county, in the state of California. There are many which produce and they are setting record amounts.

I expect the produce at the County Fair this year to be the best ever shown.

Last edited:
I am extremely fond of pistachio nuts and we grow the best ones here as far as I know. Also table grapes and stone fruits. OMG... the Watermelons and strawberries this year are incredible.

I recall, as a child, my folks complaining that you could never get certain food items when you lived in the great Frozen northlands...

We ate a lot of frozen vegetables as children, even when we lived in the land of the Jolly Green Giant!

(Why, that leafy mother never made it to the northern part of the state!)

Here it is absolutely the opposite and just about any food you can imagine is available here at a very reasonable cost.

I am extremely fond of pistachio nuts and we grow the best ones here as far as I know. Also table grapes and stone fruits. OMG... the Watermelons and strawberries this year are incredible.

I recall, as a child, my folks complaining that you could never get certain food items when you lived in the great Frozen northlands...

We ate a lot of frozen vegetables as children, even when we lived in the land of the Jolly Green Giant!

(Why, that leafy mother never made it to the northern part of the state!)

Here it is absolutely the opposite and just about any food you can imagine is available here at a very reasonable cost.

It's just too bad you have to live with all the fruit cakes to enjoy them. You put up with a lot of craziness. You deserve quality veggies and fruit at a good price.

@ripjack13

The new PC looks like an oversized cellphone. . . .hmmmmm . . . Does it have an internal battery (besides the button cell for the clock)?

My mom sent me a fruitcake every Christmas for about 25 years. She passed away in Octoberof 2000 and I have not had one since. I like mincemeat as well, the meatless variety.
My Mom sent me one too, every year until '89 when she passed away. I am still trying to eat the ones I got before that.

If I can get my butt in gear I may go fishing but rain is forecast so I may take my time. I need groceries and buying food is easier than catching it so I may just go to the store.

Back