• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning fellas. We'll be high 90s all weekend into next week. Hopefully the humidity won't be too bad. We are heading to the lake this afternoon. Another 4 or 5 weeks and we'll be staying home on weekends. That's not all bad either as there are always things going on in town.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Well today was pretty relaxed at the range. I didn't shoot great with the .308.

I shot better with the .22 mag Henry. The Marlin 60 is the most fun. I also shot two pistols, and took a shotgun I didn't fire.

I'll have some photos in the range reports room later.

I've been eyeballing the Henry rifles. As a matter of fact a friend of mine has a 45-70 at his pawn shop. I carried it around so long today he said he would hold it a week since it looked like I wanted it. I'm giving it serious thought.

Thank God my wife works out of town so I can sneak it in. :laugh:

Morning Folks.

Little Ozzie dog got his cone off yesterday, and he is a very happy dog now. :)

I cleaned guns until 9PM and then I fell asleep. I will get my range report up today.

Good morning MOers. Beauty of a day, but it'll be close to 100 this afternoon. It's too hot to ride, maybe tomorrow early morning. Oh well, a couple of months we'll be wishing for warmer weather.

Have a great day.

I've been eyeballing the Henry rifles. As a matter of fact a friend of mine has a 45-70 at his pawn shop. I carried it around so long today he said he would hold it a week since it looked like I wanted it. I'm giving it serious thought.

Thank God my wife works out of town so I can sneak it in. :laugh:

I tried that with my new set of golf clubs, bag and Bag Boy Cart. She came home, went upstairs to my inner sanctum and bellered out my name....RRRROOOOONNNNAAAALLLLLLLD! when she found the clubs. I had a bouquet of flowers sticking out of the side pocket. It did the job it was assigned. She never saw the new Remington .270 cal bolt rifle hidden inside under the hood. That was in August in 90. I went to Montana in October. For the life of me I cannot remember the model. But that was the rifle that started me reloading. I sold it when I got back home.

*** I remember. It was a Remington 78 .270.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I had my PC hiccup today and had to dump my old browser. Now I'm trying to re-create my favorites.

I'm supposed to go up to the shooting range again tomorrow, but it's possibly not a sure thing. I'll know more later.

I don't think I will bother taking the .308 out again until I have better ammo and a better scope.

When i built the Kentucky Rifle I wanted to keep it rustic. But the buckhorn rear sight combo'ed with the plain old brass front sight just didnt cut it. I was shootin about 1.5' high at 50 yards set to the lowest setting. I ordered a new set of Lyman muzzleloader sights and they will be here in a couple days. I could not get a good sight picture with the buckhorn and the little lower than an ant's butt just weren't low enough yet. Can't wait to try them when they get here.

For the 464 I had the Low Pro set all the way down until it hit the bolt and turned it out 1 turn to clear. I was shooting at least a foot high with that gun also. I was ready to grind off some of the stud but then after looking on the skinner website trying to find out how much one turn will move the POI I found that they sell a longer and a shorter stud model for the main peep. It will be here when it gets here, and all should be here within the week. They have all shipped. Maybe I will pop some popcorn to enjoy while I wait...

Hey guys. I did get out shooting today and another range report will be had once I clean all the residue offa me and the guns.

I probably have told this story here before, so I hope I tell it the same way this time, so I don't look senile. This is one of the great moments of my school years.

47 years ago I played the bull fiddle, pizzicato, in Carp Minnesota; and my girlfriend played the piano, backed by a 16 member jazz choir. This was our first public concert, and well, ya can't start at Carnegie Hall. We started in Carp MN, population, almost 300. (The orchestra pit at Carnegie holds 300.
uhoh.gif
)

Carp is on the north edge of Minnesota, straight down from the great lake of the woods.

It was the most culture they'd ever had, except Canadian TV. (US TV didn't reach Carp.)

We did Bourree for Bach, from the jazz folio The Baroque goes Bop.

I was so nervous I played the whole piece perfectly. Double-time!
:brick:
Shocked though I was that I'd done this, I still hit the first beat on the second half and did it again, double-time.
Because it was Jazz, it somehow sounded great. I had doubled Bach's expectations at the tender age of 16, but by the end I was exhausted! The GF was impressed, the audience clapped, and I was on the freakin' moon.

Later the director said it was our best performance ever, and that having an audience was the key.

Uhhhh . . . yeah. Maybe, but I think it was the adrenaline. :doh:

Hey guys. I did get out shooting today and another range report will be had once I clean all the residue offa me and the guns.

I probably have told this story here before, so I hope I tell it the same way this time, so I don't look senile. This is one of the great moments of my school years.

47 years ago I played the bull fiddle, pizzicato, in Carp Minnesota; and my girlfriend played the piano, backed by a 16 member jazz choir. This was our first public concert, and well, ya can't start at Carnegie Hall. We started in Carp MN, population, almost 300. (The orchestra pit at Carnegie holds 300.
uhoh.gif
)

Carp is on the north edge of Minnesota, straight down from the great lake of the woods.

It was the most culture they'd ever had, except Canadian TV. (US TV didn't reach Carp.)

We did Bourree for Bach, from the jazz folio The Baroque goes Bop.

I was so nervous I played the whole piece perfectly. Double-time!
:brick:
Shocked though I was that I'd done this, I still hit the first beat on the second half and did it again, double-time.
Because it was Jazz, it somehow sounded great. I had doubled Bach's expectations at the tender age of 16, but by the end I was exhausted! The GF was impressed, the audience clapped, and I was on the freakin' moon.

Later the director said it was our best performance ever, and that having an audience was the key.

Uhhhh . . . yeah. Maybe, but I think it was the adrenaline. :doh:

Don't worry if it is a repeat. Someday you might get to hide your own Easter Eggs.:perfect:

Back