• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member from the Great Lake State

Hi everybody I just registered last night. I have been reading through the forum for a few weeks and decided I would sign up. I live in MI. and go make noise in state land as much as possible. I have been shooting guns for about 15 yrs (ever since my Grandpa showed me how). My Grandfather stressed safety when teaching my brother and I how to handle and a weapon and I will honor him by doing the same. I currently have a 500 that I "tricked out" with some nice parts, it took a little while and a lot of research (thanks to this forum for the good info). I also have a Ruger MK1 that I recently fitted with a Tactical Solutions "Pac Lite" barrel/receiver with a threaded end because I am awaiting my ATF back ground check to go through, then I can actually bring my SilencerCo. Sparrow suppressor home instead of having to stare at it at my dealers. I also have a 10/22 that I got from dad (my first rifle), and a Browning BT99 that I inherited from my grandpa. Also in my collection is a S&W "Airweight" .38 and a Winchester 67a. I am always looking at "whats next" for my collection and cant decide right now.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your new 500 and your other firearms in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Howdy PaperShooter, and welcome to the club. I like the looks of your Blackhawk Talon stock on it. No really, I really like that style. I should have bought one like it for my 835. I have a knoxx. The only complaint is the grip gets snagged on my shirt a lot. Maybe I'll get one, I wonder if they come in camo? lemme see....

I actually was just looking at it. going to have to scratch up some cash for it. My 1st gen stock isn't even worth $100 now.
hmmm what to do, what to do...

thank you for replying so quick though papershooter.

i'm pretty sure this is the next g1 camo though..

MDkso.jpg

Hi PaperShooter!

Looks like you got a pretty sweet collection! Thanks for signin up to MO!!!

I like that pattern, you could also think about doing your own wrap. If you're ok with black look on ebay I got mine for $96 shipped

i'll check that out for sure...thanx again.

Welcome from MI!!

I just drove though your neck of the woods heading back from the opening weekend of Tip-Up-Town at Houghton Lake.

We had 8" of ice near Lymans but there were patched of bad slush on top of the ice.. I heard there was thin ice/open water along the north side but we didn't try fishing that side of tha lake.

We only caught two small pike and a small perch the entire day on Sat. The TUT fishing competition was moved to next weekend because of poor ice conditions.

TUT was very disappointing this year. Not many people and not much going on.

Back