• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossberg, New Member, Old Texan

JSDinTexas

.270 WIN
I just bought a Moss 50420 Tactical Persuader for home defense and just joined this forum, so thought I would say hello to all members from Deep in the Heart of Texas.
Here's a pic

Attachments

• Mossberg Tactical Persuader.JPG
    Mossberg Tactical Persuader.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 148
Thanks bangbang. I bought this for HD but thinking of hunting deer on my property using some Federal flite-control 00 Buck. Also bought a picatinny rail thinking of some sort of sight mount for the deer hunting, and probably want a sling. Any suggestions are welcomed.
For right now, since I know not too much about this shotgun, I need to shoot off some rounds and so on.
I do notice the safety is very hard to put on safe (rearward) but does seem more easy to take off safety (forward). Is this characteristic? Or do I need to address this?

Welcome aboard Sir,

...and God Bless Texas! I followed a paycheck to Nashville a few years back, but grew up around DFW (mostly FW, haha). It's not bad here, but boy do I miss TX.

Let us know if you have any questions and enjoy the site!

Appreciate it DaveinCT, and even though your in TN Lazy Eyed Sniper, you know that there are close connections between the two states. Still, hope you make it back to TX someday. I go to DFW on business every couple of months and it's still there :D

I know I will have some questions but for now just going to get acquainted with this nice tool.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Congratulations on your new Mossberg 500 persuader! I have that exact same shotgun although it doesn't look like that anymore. We are glad you found us and please make yourself at home here on Mossberg Owners forum.

Thanks for signin on with us! We're all here to help as best we're able!

With thhe safety, this is something I have heard a couple of times now. I'll go ahead and start a thread under maintenance and safety.

The safety on one of my 500's is stiff, and the gun is newer, but on my Persuader which is several years old, its pretty free.

I'll get that thread started and we'll see what we can figure out!

Glad you're here and hope you enjoy the place. I'm really learning a lot from these guys!

Rossignol said:
Thanks for signin on with us! We're all here to help as best we're able!

With thhe safety, this is something I have heard a couple of times now. I'll go ahead and start a thread under maintenance and safety.

The safety on one of my 500's is stiff, and the gun is newer, but on my Persuader which is several years old, its pretty free.

I'll get that thread started and we'll see what we can figure out!

Wanted to update on the stiff safety - I field striped the gun and cleaned out all the excess oil and also some white particles which I believe were little pieces of foam from somewhere in the box.
I reoiled it sparingly as instructions indicated and put it back together - the safety is still stiff, but not like it was, and feels a lot more even going forward (off) or backward (0n). In other words, it feels like a safety should feel in my opinion.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice!

Glad you got her runnin smoothe.

Thanks, guess I'm ready to unleash this thing on my range at the house. I also posted a bit more info under maintenance.

Back