• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gunman kills 12 in a Colorado Movie Theater

raven01750

.270 WIN
ANd this my friends is why we loose our rights. Becuase of the lone wolf who instills fear in the sheep. Very sad. I'm sure we will all hear a lot more about this story. Where does someone get tear gas from? And only 24 years old? So much hate. I wish people like this guy would just off themselves and leave everyone else alone...

Paul

My prayers are with those that were murdered, wounded and their families.

My disgust remains with those that will use a tragedy to further the erosion of my rights.

I heard aboit that this morning. He started shooting during a shoot out scene, and the people watching the movie thought it was the sound untill they "saw bullets flying by" .
Man...that just is so bad. That just makes me so pissed off. Why the f would he do that?

They need to get the guilotines out of storage and start using them on pieces of s*** like him.

Now they will pin this to the gun grabbing agenda.

The fact that we blame the tools that defective people use rather than deal with the defective people in this world is beyond me. I honestly hope that this does not become the next media frenzy and glorify this guy. Famous or infamous, people just want to get their names out there. I want to hear he got the death sentence and never hear his name again.

A very tragic story indeed.

I heard about this on my way in. Very sad.

I was infuriated to hear some of the MSM trying to link it to the Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh, etc. before they even knew any of the details. This will most definitely be used to promote anti-gun agenda.

How do these mass killers get so lucky as to always pick places where no one is concealed carrying. I wish someone had a .45 1911 and used it to put a stop to him, body armor or not. Of course that wouldn't stop the anti's who would rather die than fight for themselves.

It's the kids. The parents would never attempt to try and apprehend this guy because they would be trying to get their kids to safety. Almost nobody has the training that would be necessary to act in a situation like that. It's just too far out. Did you see his photo? Man, that reminded me so much of the mugshot of the kid who shot the congresswoman and all of the other people. They aren't crazy. Their just evil and don't care.

Paul

I hear you Raven and I know my post was wishful thinking. As a parent my first thought would have been my kids too.

carbinemike said:
How do these mass killers get so lucky as to always pick places where no one is concealed carrying.
Yeah, my thoughts too. Instead of bitching about anti gun people we need to advocate this angle because if there had be someone with a pistol they might have saved a lot of lives.

Training? You don’t always need training to act with common since, bravery and instinct. Training is great but look at the old man who shot those idiots who tried robbing the internet cafe.....71 years old and by watching the video of him you can tell he had no training or if he did he certainly wasn’t using it. No charges are being brought about either.But it didn’t matter one bit because he made a difference because he had balls enough to do it. Two punks with guns got their asses handed to them by an old man with no proper technique who had a CC and the balls to stand up and make a difference…….an armed society is a polite society.

Oh, it's gonna be used against gun rights. The nightly news is making a point of explaining how these weapons were all purchased legally and that the shooter would have passed any existing background checks. The shooter apparently used extended magazines on an AR style rifle. He also had a 12 gauge shotgun and a couple of .40 caliber handguns. Stand by. I think we are likely to see quite a bit of political mileage made of this incident.

I too really wish there had been someone with a concealed carry how could have brought this guy down quickly. However, the irony is, I'll just about guarantee there was a sign posted that prohibited firearms in the theater. Take care. Tom Worthington.

cops all over CT are stationed outside of the batman movie and in the parking lot. they aren't letting anyone in the theaters without being frisked and going over them with a metal detector wand....

I've been following this, here and on tv.

Injured is now at 70. Theyre also reporting all firearms were indeed purchased legally, as well as ammo and multiple magazines, purchased primarily online including the 100 round drum for the .223 rifle. He had purchased something in the area of several thousand rounds of ammunition, I believe they said 4000 rounds of .223? A few hundred shotgun shells and another 1000 or so of .40 S&W? I cant remember the numbers on each, but its staggering what hes purchased in 6 mos. Well, to me on my budget, its staggering.

Other than citing details and whats bein reported, I dont know what to say. I'm goin with evil rather than the deranged scenario however.

Of course my heart goes out to families... unbelievable, I cant even imagine. My prayers are with them for sure.

My mind wanders, how will this be used against us? The rifle of course is an "assault rifle" likely an AR. Magazines, ammo and firearms were purchased legally.

Its unfortunate, but in a free society, there will be evil. It could happen to any of us at anytime. It can happen anywhere. Whats that mean, should we stop livin? Board ourselves in? You cant live in fear. Cant, and wont. Personally I'll accept the risks of livin free.

I first found out about it at 6:45 this morning and the news lady was talking about having assault weapons and assault bombs at that point.

This on CNN obviously.

I really dislike the media period.

But my heart and sincere prayers goes out to everyone and their families that are affected by this.

my heart goes out to the victims and there families.this is truly awfull.we here in the uk have had spree killers. and no matter what new laws we have to contole firearms you can not legislate against maddness

bluecow70 said:
my heart goes out to the victims and there families.this is truly awfull.we here in the uk have had spree killers. and no matter what new laws we have to contole firearms you can not legislate against maddness

This entire post is worth of positive rep.

JT10 said:
An interesting report on this event.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/10/did-colorado-shooter-single-out-cinemark-theater/

...on why that theater was chosen as the target.

Please read. thanks.

Gun-free zones are a magnet for those who want to kill many people quickly. Even the most ardent gun control advocate would never put “Gun-Free Zone” signs on their home. Let’s stop finally putting them elsewhere.

Interesting read. Something the MSM will most likely ignore. Look at the locations of these types of shootings and the pattern is crystal clear.

Unfortunately a large number of the population believes what the MSM wants them to regardless of the facts supporting quite the opposite.

Gun-free zones are a magnet for those who want to kill many people quickly. Even the most ardent gun control advocate would never put “Gun-Free Zone” signs on their home. Let’s stop finally putting them elsewhere.
I wonder if that would be considered baiting in oklahoma???

Back