• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Member from Virginia

Hello all,

I just "stumbled" upon this site and had to join!!! I am the proud owner of 2 mossberg's and love both of them! The shotgun I bought of a friend for 100.00 (he needed money) and I dont even know what model it is? I think it is part of the 500 series, but dont know which model. I only have 1 pic of it thus far and i will attach it to this post. If anyone has any information/ideas as to what model it is I would really appreciate it.

My other mossberg I bought new (I know the model) lol, It is the mossberg .22 tactical. I love it and expecially like how cheap it is to shoot!! The only issues I have had seem to be related to the "cheap" magazine. I occasionally experience "double feeds" resulting in a jam, but other than that I am really happy with it!

I look forward to browsing/interacting with the website and its members,
Trevor

l293m.jpg

24GN8.jpg

Welcome from MI?

Is the shotgun in the pic the one you just bought?

Edit: I reread the post and missed where you said this was the pic. It looks like a Cruiser model to me. Which comes with the pistol grip and shorter barrel.

Welcome aboard!

The model number of the 500 Cruiser in your photo is 50440. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pics of your Mossies. Be sure to post pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Thank for the welcomes guys!

Mike- where in MI are you? I am from Rochester Hills, I am in VA going to college (and buying guns)! I lookes at the link you sent, and it does look like my gun.

Lazy eyed sniper- I looked at the model # on the left side of my gun above the trigger, and it is T672019 It looks like the mystery still alludes us! lol

The number you listed is the serial #.

Model numbers aren't engraved into the gun, but are always listed on the label at the end of the factory box. Use the model number I gave you, 50440, and run an internet search. You should come up with plenty of information that will confirm my findings...

Thanks for all the info guys!!

Lazy eyed sniper- you were right on with confirming my 12g as a cruiser model, I finally got a response from mossberg confirming the truth behind your suggestion! (apologize for doubting)

I found out my gun was made in 2010 (newer than i thought) and am seeking the knowledge of this board to instruct me on a good vertical forend/flashlight combo to upgrade to, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

No worries Trevor.

I'm just glad you got the info you were looking for. Be sure to check out the "Tactical and Home Defense" subforum for suggestions on tac lights. There are plenty of threads with pics and info on different models there and also in the various weapon sub-forums. We're here to help, so let us know if you have any other questions...

Howdy trevor9119 and welcome to the club....

Back