• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AR 15 Receiver question

Thanks nitesite. I really didn't have the cash for it but it was too good of a price to pass up for a new rifle.

Sorry broke a cardinal rule......Talk about a new gun and not post pictures. My apologies... Here you go

DDm4v7
IMG_20121110_200430.jpg

IMG_20121110_200454.jpg

IMG_20121110_200510.jpg

Thinking about switching out the eotech and putting an aimpoint pro or micro up there. The rifle has a slim profile and i think looks better with the smaller optic.

Great lookin DD GROOVY!

I'm a bit partial to EOTech myself. Hard to beat the 1 MOA dot...

Dude, that's. A beautiful thing! Congratulations bro!

Haven't heard anything but good stuff about Daniel Defense! Simon Beeson of S&J Hardware imports as many as he can get a hold of for Canadian military. The new Mk18's. He loves em and swears by em! Says they're the best available infact...

Thanks guys. I like the rifle a lot. With my eotech at 100 yards I was at 1.5. So i can imagine it would be sub-moa with scope. I love the midlength gas system. The eotech is nice I just like the micro or pro aimpoint with 2moa dot. I like the looks of it on this rifle better. I shoot just as good with either.

Dude, Midlength is where it's at. IMHO, a good quality 16" barrel (paired with a good bolt and trigger) can pretty much do anything a 18" or even 20" barrel can within the capabilities of the 5.56. I've been running an Aimpoint PRO for a couple of month and I'm thinking about switching to a Redfield 2-7 to find out the potential of my gun. Good work on yours!

I just switched out my charging handle latch for the Badger Ordinance tac latch. I wanna adress a couple things I ran into.

I don't have a vise or the AR armorers mat thing that all the pieces fit into and hold verything in place. I set the charging handle on one of my cleaning brushes so the pin had clearance had to fall free.

First thing I found was that while Badger says to use a 1/16 pin punch (which I have) it dint fit into my charging handle. I instead found an apropriately sized brad nail, or a nail you might use to hang a picture. I used my linesman pliers to cut the point off and filed it smooth. It was a good fit!

I taped the roll pin out and the wire brad held the latch in place so I could get control of it and not lose the spring wheni pulled my make shift punch pin free. It worked swimmingly.

I ran into trouble when tryin to put it back together. I tried holdin things in place and then havin my son tap the roll pin into place. I couldn't get things lined up, he got tired of waitin and got frustrated and I got frustrated and told him to forget it. He was happy to oblige.

I went out for a smoke and recalled somethin LES had posted about tyin things into place or usin somethin to hold everythin still. I went back in and used my makeshift pin to line things up under spring pressure and then used an old boot lace (I save this stuff) to tie the pieces down tight and wiggle free. I removed my punch pin and visually verified all the holes were still true. I then replaced the roll pin without further issue.

After some light cleaning and oiling, I reassembled my rifle and function checked. Good to go and ill get some pics in the near future, as well as an anecdotal story about painting the new latch yellow like on COD Modern Warfare! ;)

Good ole American ingenuity!

That's what I love to see. Glad you got it sorted out man and I'm lookin forward to the pics...

WooHoo! Figured out how to upload with picassa!

IMG_20121123_101832.jpg

IMG_20121123_101550.jpg

So the latch is still black and not yellow. I explained to my SeaBee friend at work that all the tactical operators on COD2 have the latches painted yellow and I. Wanted to emulate them. After all, if teir one operators paint the latches yellow, then it mus be right thing to do for me too. (Iam of course bein fascicious and I don't know if I spelled that correctly). I also said id do like they do and rack the charging handle everytime I load a magazine. Humouring me, he said all that was stupid. Having been deployed and attached as support to special forces (in the generic sense, not mentioning any branches particularly) they definitely did not paint the latches safety yellow or otherwise. He said if they couldn't find the latchin the dark they didnt need to be there and they def didn't rack the handle every time either, they'd use a palm slap against the bolt release instead of fine motor skills. Color me educated! ;)

Thanks man, I'm hopin this isone of those mods that actually makes sense and isn't just for looks!

Oh! I forgot to add the moral of the story above;
Just cuz its on COD, it doesn't mean its legit.

I have the same latch on my M400. I like it very much. I had a Guntech latch for a while and switched back.

lol Rossignol you would be amazed at the number of people who think the Video Games directly depict what should be done, how it is done and when it is done with every gun and method... Take for example my younger brother... he thinks just because you put a EOTech on your firearm that Accuracy and Range is significantly increased...

"Hey, Rick?!" .. "What, Dan?" .. "You should put one of those Holographic EOTechs on your Mossberg!" .. *shocked by this statement* "Why is that?!?!" ... "Because you could shoot your slugs further than with your reflex sight and still hit target!!!"... *SIGH*

Some pretty sweet AR15s on this thread. They arnt that popular in the UK due to all the laws and the fact the powers that be tried to ban them.This ones mine

Southen gun company 9mm lever release AR15

396749017.jpg

396749020.jpg

We are only allowed .22 semi auto. When this version of 9mm came out the police attempted to ban it saying it could be fired as fast as a semi-auto. They originally rounded up all the guns but after going to court they were returned. This is a video from youtube explaining the action. Dont think you guys in the US will have anything like this as you can have a normal 9mm semi auto rifle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksom5P_cEpk

That's taking delayed blowback to the extreme LOL

I know this is off topic but his 9mm carbine makes me want a Kel-tec S2K soo bad! haha :)

I really like the Desert Tan 7.62 above! Is it just me or is the Muzzle Device Tan too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back