• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. N

Can I shorten an 835 barrel and use it on a 590?

I have an 18" 590 (non-A1) and found a used 28" 835 barrel in a pawn shop for a good price. I want a vent rib barrel on my 590 so I would like to buy the 835 barrel and have it cut down to 18". Will this work? I know I'm limited to 3" shells due to 590 receiver size and I've read the 835 barrel...
  2. N

Why dual extractors?

I understand the theoretical reliability increase that should result from having 2 extractors instead of one, but I don't know of any other brand that uses 2 extractors. Will the 500/590 series still run if one extractor breaks?
  3. N

Stippling for 590 Magpul Forend

Has anyone had their Magpul forend stippled? I really like mine, but when it's hot out and my hands are sweaty it's a bit slippery. I've emailed a couple guys who offer Glock frame stippling to ask if they would do a 590 forend but never heard back.
  4. N

2.75" vs 3" #1 buckshot

Anyone use 3" #1 buckshot for home defense? I cut open a few different types of shells today to compare different pellet sizes and wad types, and it got me thinking. Some advocate #4 for HD but I don't like to go smaller than #1, and I currently use 2.75" #1 (Federal Flite Control). I was...
  5. N

Ambidextrous light mount on 590?

I have an Inforce WML that I swap between my AR and 590. On the AR I mount it at 12:00 so I can activate it with either hand, and on the 590 I tried mounting it at 6:00 but found it too awkward to reliably activate because of the angle of the button, so I moved it to 9:00 so I can work the pump...
  6. N

S&J Sling Plate Compatible with 590 Barrel?

Thanks, I contacted S&J and they said the same thing. It is designed to let the sling move a little.
  7. N

Recoil Pad options for 590?

Did Limbsaver stop making the #10100? I got a Remington adapter for my SGA stock and went to order the Limbsaver, but can't find it in stock anywhere.
  8. N

S&J Sling Plate Compatible with 590 Barrel?

I have an S&J extension on my 590 (standard barrel). Last night I tried installing the sling plate that came with the extension. When I slide the plate over the extension, there is a gap between the top of the plate and the bottom of the barrel. I am not sure if my plate is possibly defective...
  9. N

18.5" vent rib barrel?

Has anyone ever shortened an 835 barrel? I found one for sale cheap near me, was wondering if I can have it cut down to 18" and refinished for my 590. Not sure if the ribs will "line up" with the end of the barrel around 18" though.
  10. N

Mossberg 590 Side Saddles and Shell Holders

I'm pretty sure the one in the Magpul video is this one: http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2014/08/26/ares-armor-remora-speed-shotshell-holder/ But Ares Armor apparently had some legal issues and changed their name and don't appear to be making this item anymore.
  11. N

Forend or mag tube mounted light on 590a1?

I will go against the grain and say I prefer a forend mounted light. Easier to keep your thumb on the switch while cycling the action, and if you use something like the Magpul forend there are a myriad of methods and positions to mount in. I use the Magpul MLok forend and an Inforce WML, works...
  12. N

Mossberg 590 Side Saddles and Shell Holders

Does anyone have one of the 2-shell carriers that attaches to their forend? I saw one in the Magpul shotgun video and it looks like a great setup for fast reloads, but it looks like the company that made them is gone now. I found another company called Asgard Defense that makes a carrier that...
  13. N

18.5" vent rib barrel?

Does Mossberg make an 18.5" vent rib barrel? I think vent ribs look cool and wouldn't mind raising the bead a little. If not I guess my only option is to shorten a longer barrel.
  14. N

Checking over a used 500

I can handle it but won't be able to shoot it since I'll probably be meeting the guy in a Walmart parking lot or something :D
  15. N

Checking over a used 500

I found a good deal on a used 500 near me and am considering buying it to add to my collection alongside my 590. I bought my 590 new and it's been great but I'm not sure what to look for on a used 500 to make sure it's in good shape. The seller says it has about 50 shells through it and it looks...
  16. N

Question about velcro sidesaddles

That is a good point I didn't think of. I also looked at the Aridus quick detach sidesaddle. It looks like a great design, too bad it's so expensive.
  17. N

Question about velcro sidesaddles

I looked at that but figured I would save $90 if there's no downside to just attaching the velcro directly to the receiver.
  18. N

Flite Control at close ranges (>10 yards)

Interesting. I wonder if the first 3" "massive damage" he mentioned is the wad stuck in the gel.
  19. N

Flite Control at close ranges (>10 yards)

I'm relatively new to shotguns for home defense and I bought some Federal LE132-1B because I read on a bunch of different sites that it is the optimal home defense 12 gauge load. I've been reading more on how the Flite Control wad works and it sounds like the shot doesn't separate from the wad...
  20. N

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Magazine Tubes

Hi guys, Sorry to bump such an old thread but this seemed the most appropriate place to ask. I have a 590 (50778) and want to buy a 500 mag tube so I can use 500 barrels. I believe this is the tube I should order, but I just wanted to double check before I buy...
Back