• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Y

Mossberg 500/persuader retro safety issue (...with Pics: Plastic vs. Metal)

Hey folks, I just got one as I couldn't resist a classic with blued finish and walnut furnitures. When I got this one, the elevator tabs are off its receiver holes. This has been addressed now, but the safety is stucked at the the on position all the way to the back. I can't move it forward even...
  2. Y

590A1 hammer spring

folks, happy new year! I'm having a bit of an issue here. I had detailed strip the trigger assembly for detailed cleaning. I'm just having a hard time putting back the hammer spring. I noticed for the A1, it has 2 springs. There's a 2nd small one meshed inside the other larger diameter spring...
  3. Y

590A1 chambering issue

Folks, need your help on this one. I'm having a chambering jam/hang-up on this 590A1 only when using live ammo 12G 2 3/4. In a box of 25 ammo, it will happen 2 or 3 times. But when I try to replicate it with snap caps loading them on the magtube, it doesn't have a hang-up. I even tried to cycle...
  4. Y

590A1 cracked elevator posts

Just got to use my 590A1 yesterday. It's my first shotgun and first time to fire one. Ran 7rds of 1oz. slugs and was surprised it really kicked my right shoulder. Shoot trap and ran 50rds of 7.5-shot Dove & Clay. So while doing detailed cleaning, I noticed this cracked post when viewed from...
  5. Y

Low brass shells (steel?)

folks, I'm new into shotguns and I just bought Winchester's 12g dove & clay. It's a low brass but I noticed a magnet sticks on it, so it's steel. Is this bad for the shotgun? As I know in pistols and ARs, steel casings could cause issues.
  6. Y

590A1 magcap detent and spring

Last night, the magazine cap detent and spring of my 590A1 popped out. I still have the detent and spring with me. Bought this A1 last year and Canadian warranty shop replaced the barrel as I had few issues (posted in this forums) for rusted chamber and canted front sight. Now, I’m hesistant...
  7. Y

590/835 magazine spring retainer cap mod

Anyone has tried to drill 2 holes at each ends of this cap? http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/magazine-tube-parts/magazine-spring-parts/mossberg-835-magazine-spring-cap-12-ga-prod9271.aspx Then compressing this cap and pulling with with the use of snap ring pliers will prevent one by...
Back