• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. B

New guy saying "Hi"

Thanx Bobster - - Depot/Lowes have things I've never even heard of (and I've been a DIY homeowner for 35+ years). Based on your recommendation I'll certainly take a close look at this - for the price it may well be worth its price even if just for a 1-time use. :thumbsup:
  2. B

New guy saying "Hi"

@ Bobster - -Thanx for the link! Would that I could imitate you! I'll probably just go (albeit carefully) with what I've got on hand. If I'm careful (realizing that 'Murphy's Law' is always in full effect) I have the files and a Dremel to dress up the muzzle and rib after I finish...
  3. B

New guy saying "Hi"

@ Caddman - - - I LUV it when someone "thinks outside the box!" All I need to do now is go out and buy that pick-em-up truck. :lol: Ummm.... on 2nd thought maybe I'll just follow John's advice (above) and go with the vise and hacksaw method. Wud love to follow the Bobster's route but...
  4. B

New guy saying "Hi"

Hi Back to ya Scoop. . . . Love your area! When we lived in VA we did a LOT of camping up and down the Blue Ridge and on both sides of the Smokies. Have friends over in Marysville.
  5. B

New guy saying "Hi"

You're reading my mind John. IF I go ahead with it, that's exactly how I intend to do it. JMM's subsequent reply encompasses x-actly why I'm in a quandary. When I bought it, the pix of it weren't really of good resolution and I sorta expected to be getting a "beater." I didn't expect to get a...
  6. B

New guy saying "Hi"

Thanx for the comeback Ernst - I incorporated your thought into my reply to John (see above) - in the end it IS a tool and I'll get that extra 6 inches taken off to see that it fits my need.
  7. B

New guy saying "Hi"

Thanx for the welcome Caddman! I spent part of my career behind a desk myself (actually a radio console) having served as a dispatcher for about 3 years early in my career. The guys on the street couldn't 'get 'er done' without the support personnel behind them!!!
  8. B

New guy saying "Hi"

Thanx for your welcome and the words of advice. you've got a nice looking gun - set up with a sidesaddle like my former 12 was. I was simply hesitant to 'deface' what was once somebody else's (probably treasured) hunting piece. In the final analysis tho it will be a 'tool' - and I probably...
  9. B

New guy saying "Hi"

AHA! Now know 100% more about it than I did when I posted!! Thanks :thumbsup:
  10. B

New guy saying "Hi"

Familiar with Palm Harbor!! Spent 7 years with the PC SO, after "retirement" from my original dept. Ser #: C22462XX Any info gratefully rcv'd.
  11. B

New guy saying "Hi"

Thanx Ol' Mossy - - When I said I moved here from the SE U.S. to be more specific about it - - - we actually moved here from St. Pete. !! Hope you are avoiding any of the "tropical storm" currently coming up the Gulf!
  12. B

New guy saying "Hi"

Hello to all - - A gently-aged "senior" guy checking in. :oldman: I'm a retired career LEO recently re-located from the SE U.S. to the Pacific NW, to be nearer family. I'm not new to scatter guns, having used 12 gaugers most of my career (Rem 870's & Winch 1200's - but NO Mossbergs). Until...
Back